Beyaz User Reviews

Beyaz - User Reviews

Beyaz User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Beyaz sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mariah, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 12

I'm really surprised to hear all of these negative reviews because I've had a really great experience with Beyaz. A few years ago, I was taking regular Yaz and I really liked it. After I lost my insurance I switched to a generic that was cheaper, Lo Ovral. On Lo Ovral, I got frequent headaches and gained about ten pounds. So as soon as I got my insurance back, I switched to Beyaz (Yaz now has a generic that my insurance will pay for but I wanted the real thing). Anyways, I love it. My periods are very regular and light and short, I have more energy, my skin is clear, and I rarely have headaches. With diet and exercise, I've already lost five pounds. The only con is that I kind of feel like my sex drive is lower than it used to be. This is my favorite birth control pill I have ever tried. People should keep in mind that a lot of people write reviews when they have a bad experience with something, so talking to your doctor about what is best for you is always a smart decision. I hope I helped!

Related Reading: Beyaz | Yaz | Lo Ovral

Comment from: amaddox, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 06

I have been taking Beyaz for about six months. I previously had been taking Nuva Ring for about 5 years which I loved. The reason I stopped Nuva Ring is because I got sick of having something "up there" all the time. Other than that, it was great. When I first began Beyaz, I could have sworn I was pregnant with all of the side effects I was having. Most of those side effects stopped, but I noticed a few months ago that I was growing light colored facial hair. It didn't seem like a big deal because it was really just a little fuzz, but today I noticed that it is getting longer and fuller. I also have had clear skin since I started birth control in high school and have began breaking out. I tend to have some cramping, back pain and urgency with urination and wonder if Beyaz is contributing to this as well. As far as preventing pregnancy, it has done it's job there, though sometimes I feel as emotional as a pregnant woman. I am going to call my doctor tomorrow to see if I can get something else because I can't deal with facial hair growth. I have not noticed weight gain.

Related Reading: birth control | pregnancy

Comment from: em, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 22

I had a horrible experience taking Beyaz, I've been taking birth control for approximately 12 years and have never experienced anything like i did. After about 2 months on Beyaz I started having really weird dizzy spells, feeling nauseous, and over all not feeling well. I had no idea when these things started happening what was going on. I narrowed it down and finally realized it could be the pill, so I went to the doctor, and he read the list of possible side effects and told me to finish this cycle then we would switch. I took two more days of this pill and on that second day had a horrible dizzy spell and decided on my own not to take another pill. Two days later I could tell a HUGE difference. And slowly after being off of it for a month I am back to normal, thankfully.

Comment from: proBeyaz, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 28

I have taken many birth controls over the past few years. I began when I was 14 because I have Polysistic Ovarian Syndrome (excess hair, moody, acne.) After trying several types and brands of birth control and having little to no positive affect on my acne I found Beyaz. I have been on it for about 8 months and it has changed everything!!! My face is the best it has looked in 10 years and my excess hair is gone! I have found that my periods are less severe and I rarely have mood swings. It is also much easier to maintain my weight. Over the years I have varied 125-150 and I have been able to stay a healthy 132-135 for the past 8 months. I have nothing but great things to say about Beyaz. However I would encourage anyone to consult your OBGYN and find one that suits you best. Good Luck Ladies :)

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: user1, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 27

recently switched to Beyaz from Tri-Nessa ( the generic of Ortho-Tricyclin) I usually think the side effects or the reviews are always the extreme cases, even if i do get some, it'd be temporary or in my mind. HOWEVER, with Beyaz, I have been feeling really OFF. I've been experiencing extreme gloomy/moodiness for no particular reason. libido level is negative, heartburn, dizziness, extreme trouble to focus. I thought I was going psycho until I've found reviews on this board and other sites. it is somewhat comforting to see people with similar side effect experiences, as an assurance that I am not going nuts. Also, I have been bleeding non-stop since this new pill. I dislike it!

Related Reading: heartburn | dizziness

Comment from: JennG, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 21

I have been taking Yaz for 7-8 months. I switched to Beyaz because Yaz went generic. While on Yaz I became extremely depressed. I've heard of that happening to other also. I take adderall also for ADD and that helps with the depression. I've been taking Beyaz for a week now and I'm experiencing extreme stomach pains and nausea. My period also hasn't stopped, mainly spotting. My stomach pains are severe. Not cramping, stabbing stomach pain and nausea. Yaz seemed great, no problems really, and it cleared up my face!! Loved it. Thought Beyaz would be the same, so far, I don't think so.

Related Reading: adderall | depression