Beyaz User Reviews

Beyaz - User Reviews

Beyaz User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Beyaz sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: beckyk, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 11

I have been on beyaz for about 2 and a half months. Prior to this I had been on Yaz for SEVEN years, and had experienced nothing out of the ordinary. However, having switched to beyaz, I am now extremely depressed, easily angered, and very emotional. I thought it was maybe because of a recent breakup, but now I have a new boyfriend and I know I should be very happy. My sex drive is pretty much gone. I have gained about 8 lbs, and my stomach (which - even if my butt and thighs are bigger - has NEVER been anything but flat) looks like I am a couple months pregnant. I am over eating, but I can't stop myself. I am constantly bloated, and constantly peeing! I thought maybe the overeating could be attributed to the depression, but then I realized all of this started only a couple weeks after I switched from Yaz to Beyaz. I am grateful and happy to see all these reviews, and I truly hope mine helps out. It never crossed my mind that I could be feeling this awful because of my switching bc pills. BE WARNED - I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS PILL TO MY WORST ENEMY.

Comment from: rebeccak187, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 16

I am 23, and have been taking this pill for a little over a month, previously on Kariva, and I LOVE THIS PILL! I used to bleed constantly, now i only bleed when I am supposed too, my skin has cleared up, I haven't gained any weight, I think my boobs have gotten a little bigger.. I'd suggest it to anyone! I reacted very poorly in the past to Loestrin and also Orthotrycyclin-Lo, I am VERY please with this pill.

Related Reading: Kariva

Comment from: SHELLYBELLE, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 16

I was on Beyaz for about 6 months, and the whole time was feeling so bad. Sweating more, heart palpitations, anxiety, nausea, daily headaches, severe fatigue, acid reflux/upset stomach, bloating, bad backaches, irregular periods, increased allergies, decreased labido, alcohol intolerance,moodines/depression, water retention in the legs and hands, foggy headed/low concentration, weight gain 8 lbs/increased appetite, joint pain, insomnia. The whole while thinking I had gall stones or an ulcer or who knows what, after spending $1,100 in my portion of medical expenses, was told I don't have an ulcer (great thanks!) Started feeling okay for a short time (a week), once starting a new pack the acid/stomach/back pain started up full force (light bulb went off) Stopped taking immediately, I finally feel good again. Now a month and a half off, still some residual issues, no period yet, sweating abnormally, water retention in my left leg. Appetite is back to normal, now need to work on taking off those lbs. I spent half the year feeling sick daily, and now stuck with medical bills, thanks Beyaz!

Related Reading: palpitations | anxiety | fatigue

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 27

I am starting my third pack and love this pill. I was taking yasmin, not yaz, and had very short (2-3 days) but extremely crampy periods. So far I have not had a period, just maybe one instance of spotting that lasted an hour or two the day before starting the new pack(& not prego!). No breakthrough bleeding, no mood swings or weight gain, and the same very minor occasional pimple. There are lots of horro stories, but it takes a while to find the right pill for yourself. I have tried like 6!

Related Reading: yasmin

Comment from: Happyagain, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 25

I was taking Sprintec which was the generic brand of orthocyclene or something like that. It was horrible, the second week everyone was already noticing that my depression was getting worse and I was constantly in a bad mood and not my happy joyous self. I switched to this and I finally feel like myself and am happy again. I havent had any spotting, my face has stayed pretty clear and in all I just foind this product to be the best yet!

Related Reading: Sprintec

Comment from: blcbus2162, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 03

I had to switch to Beyaz when Bayer changed their discount program to include only Beyaz rather than Yaz. I wasn't using my medical benefits to cover this, so I wanted the name-brand that was most affordable. My doctor told me that Beyaz was the exact same thing as Yaz, but just added a folate vitamin in the form of some type of calcium I guess. Since I had a great experience with Yaz, I was expecting a seamless transition to Beyaz. That was NOT the case. Beyaz is the most awful pill I've ever been on besides Ortho-Novum 7/7/7. My emotions were so out of whack, I was super sensitive, constant nausea (esp in the morning which was easily confused with morning sickness), and headaches. I absolutely did not feel like myself. I wanted to stop Beyaz after the first 1.5 weeks, but my doctor told me that stopping mid-pack like that is even worse for your body. I continued to put up with all this for another 2.5 weeks. Awful. My parents, best friends, and boyfriend had to listen to me complain of stomachache, headache, being constantly tired, etc. Never again. I'm on NuvaRing now, and my body is slowly adjusting back. If you are a woman that is sensitive to medications or changes in hormones, DO NOT take Beyaz. Or if you can't take calcium supplements without getting kind of sick to your stomach, DO NOT take Beyaz. This was a horrible pill, and had Bayer not taken Yaz out of it's discount program, they'd still have my business. I really would encourage any woman to stay away from Beyaz. It's worth paying more money to stay on Yaz if you can.

Related Reading: Ortho-Novum | headache | NuvaRing