Biaxin, Biaxin XL User Reviews

Biaxin, Biaxin XL - User Reviews

Biaxin, Biaxin XL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Biaxin, Biaxin XL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lilykate, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 02

I'm was prescribed this medication for bronchitis/sinus infection that would not go away. The medication is working find but I have diarrhia and a horrible metallic taste in my mouth. The bottle warned about the possibility of diarrhia and eating yogurt is helping. There was no warning about the horrible taste. I'm glad I read the reviews here. It helped to know I'm not the only on who had that problem. So far it is worth it, my infection is going away and I am feeling better.

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: smarty77, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 08

I was given this for a possible secondary bronchial infection due to flu. I took one dose of 1000mg XL with food and yogurt to prevent GI symptoms. Within two hours I had severe nausea, dry mouth/metallic taste and significant lightheadedness. Overnight I had an actual nightmare (haven't had one for years!). Today I am still extremely lightheaded and miserable. I also have a very strange feeling of despair and sadness and actually thought to myself, "I need to go cry a lot". I am not crazy and I cannot wait for these side effects to go away. I will hopefully heal naturally and will avoid this drug most definitely in the future!

Related Reading: flu | dry mouth

Comment from: amy, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 05

Side effects kicked in after 1-2 days and got so bad I had to stop taking the medication altogether. Horrible taste in mouth, severe headaches and heart palpitations/breathing trouble. Had to go to walk in clinic to get vitals checked since my dr. wouldn't 'squeeze' me in to see him. Very scary experienced. Switching doctors and never taking this drug again.

Related Reading: palpitations

Comment from: marty, 45-54 (Patient) Published: February 22

Just started this medication this week for a current sinus/bronchial infection. Used it before with great results! Just a note: eat 2 yogurts a day while on ANY antibiotic!! one in am-one in pm. Antibioics kill ALL bacteria including the 'good' bacteria that lives in the intestines/stomach. This leads to diarrhea, cramping, etc. Choose yogurt with 'live bacteria cultures' and eat 2 x a day until about a week after you finish the antibiotic. It helps!

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: whichhunt, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 27

If you're reading this it's likely 6:00 in the morning and you haven't slept a wink. I wish for your sake and mine that i googled side effects BEFORE swallowing those pills, but you're probably up right now desperate to know what this thing can do. They worked almost immediately, but the side effects began then too. My mouth tastes like a coinstar machine and no amount of brushing or water washes it away. I suffer from insomnia, but I have the worst case I have ever dealt with due to biaxin. I had trouble falling asleep the first two nights and I chalked it up to the Biaxin gnome with a machete in my stomach-shooting pains, stomach death knells-but tonight after another night of sleeping few hours I have literally been awake all night. My thoughts were racing and I realized after a while that my eyes were actually wide open under my sleep mask. This must be what it feels like to be on a coke bender. My body feels like it's made of pudding and sandbags, but my brain won't shut down and my neck is full of tension, along with my lower back. I didn't get the poops, instead I was constipated. TAKE THIS DRUG OFF THE MARKET. Whatever scientist approved this is a sadist.

Related Reading: insomnia | biaxin | sleep

Comment from: crillion, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

I took this med for 10 days after being treated with another antibiotic that did not work. The metalic taste was AWFUL. Has anyone looked on the under side of their tongue for broken or extremely dilated capillaries? I think this may be where the metalic taste is coming from - iron leaking out of the small vessels under the tongue which have been damaged. Has anyone else experienced this?

Published: December 09

I could not be more UNsatisfied and i will never take this medication again ..i went to the dr because i had a mild broncitis and a sinus infection ..i started taking biaxin and from day 1 i had side effects and throughout my experience ive had many more ...one morning my husband even took me to the er because of trouble breathing and swallowing i had chest pain dizziness u name it i had it im at the end of my prescription and i feel very slightly better however im still feeling the chest pain and chest congestion ..my recommendation DONT USE THIS DRUG!!!

Related Reading: chest pain | dizziness