Biaxin, Biaxin XL User Reviews

Biaxin, Biaxin XL - User Reviews

Biaxin, Biaxin XL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Biaxin, Biaxin XL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: dihard, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 30

Too many side effects. Bad taste in mouth, nervousness, aggitated, short temper and fast heart beat. Will be calling doctor to prescribe something else.

Comment from: Mojo, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

I was perscribed Biaxin for Bronchitis and side effect hit me right away. On day one I had diarrea all day. On day 2 I started having stomach pain that lasted all day. On day 3 my hands started to itch and swell up. If I stopped itching my hands would start to ache. My hands were very hot to the touch. In additon to this I felt faint and broke out in cold sweats. When I talked to the pharmasist they told me to dispose of the medication and contact my physician. The doctor on call told me to stop taking the medication and then told me that it was unlikely it was from Biaxin. I have NEVER felt these symptoms before and I am glad that my child and husband were there to help me since I felt dissmissed by the physician. I tend to believe the pharmasist. There is something VERY wrong with this medication. DONT TAKE IT!!!

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: my2gymangelz, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 01

My daughter was prescribed this for bronchitis & a sinus infection. It tasted terrible and made her unbearable sick with vomiting, diahrrea and horrible stomach cramps to the point she was in tears. I would NEVER reccomend this drug!!!

Comment from: patti, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 04

My Dr. rx this medication for me. HORRIBLE!!Do not take this medication unless you really have too. The taste in the mouth makes you sicker then what you went to the Dr. for. I had to stop the medication after 7 taken. My Dr. did not return my call so I hope by not taking any antibiotics now that I can get over this on my own.

Comment from: dee, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 03

The medication worked quickly; however, as many others have stated the taste that it leaves in your mouth is HORRIBLE!!! Even with food, it literally tasted as if I had I chewed the pill up instead of swallowing even hours after taking it! It lingered FOREVER!!! In addition, I also experienced strange dreams and great difficulty sleeping. Overall, I would have to say that if you're feeling really crummy that such complaints(i.e. taste, loss of sleep) shouldn't matter b/c this medication DOES, in fact, work.

Comment from: Jason, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 08

Miserable stomach ache. Never took again.

Published: January 10

I also had stomach issue and diarhea. The worst part has been the taste in my mouth. It tastes like I have been sucking on dirty coins or something. It's hard to get rid of :(

Comment from: no clarythromicin, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 28

After a few days on this medication, I couldn't taste anything, I had dizziness fatigue, and loss of appetite. I called my doctor who didn't advise me to stop taking it or suggest an alternative. On my own, I stopped taking it for a day. Then, I decided to continue with it, since it was either that or pay for another co-pay to see another doctor! I was then able to tolerate it. My infection has cleared however, not without another side effect - insomnia. I just finished my prescription, however today I still feel lightheaded and had chest pain which I read are both side effects. I won't take this medication again and will switch doctors.

Comment from: Carol, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 26

After taking several other drugs, this was the only one that worked! I'll put up with the bad taste in my mouth