Bicillin L-A Injectable in Tubex User Reviews

Bicillin L-A Injectable in Tubex - User Reviews

Bicillin L-A Injectable in Tubex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Bicillin L-A Injectable in Tubex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 26

Had a highly virulent strain of strep which hit suddenly in the evening - the next afternoon I was at the doctor - she said the second my culture hit the dish it was positive for strep. She felt something strong and immediate was the best treatment. I'm so glad I took the shot - it honestly did hurt, even though I have a high tolerance for pain, it wasn't as bad as how badly my throat hurt. It's almost 24 hours later and I feel at least 90% better - just slight 'tightness' in my throat - and had a great night's rest. Much better than 10 days worth of antibiotics.

Comment from: bryjach, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 04

Was sick for 5 days. Doctor offered me this or 10 days of antibiotics. Shot was painful but within 12 hours, I was improving & could swallow slightly. 36 hours...I was brand new. Amazing! Would do it again in a hearbeat!

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 07

got shot after trip to ER... Felt better by the next day..

Comment from: Syphillis, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 04

One shot of this med and I was cleared in 2-3 weeks of visual signs on my body and lowered my blood levels to almost non existant. Takes time to build up and work with the immune system.

Comment from: sbrOHio, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 18

Given injection at ER after positive strep test and negative influenza b culture. Felt considerably better after 24 hours. Injection site sore two days later.Also given oral steroids at ER to relieve swelling in throat. Family doctor prescribed 10 days of amoxicillin about 18 hours later. I have diarrhea and feel like vomiting one day into the amoxicillin.

Related Reading: amoxicillin | diarrhea

Comment from: natureistheway, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 18

Cleared up the strep, but caused me to have a seizure (which I have never had before). It was a horrible experience. I couldn't get out of bed the entire next day. Felt like I had been hit by a truck. The vaccination site was extremely sore for a few days, and the shot the buttocks was not a fun experience either...very painful.

Related Reading: seizure

Comment from: MissWest86, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 26

I had strep throat really bad. I went to the doctor, and I was injected with this medicine and woke up the next morning feeling wonderful.

Related Reading: strep throat

Comment from: pmg, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 12

My 20 year old son was recently diagnosed with Rheumatic Fever - it took 4 weeks, including two week long hospital visits and a team of specialists to get a final diagnosis. Treatment plan - Bicillin LA shot every 4 weeks for a minimum of 5 years. He says the shot is very painful - but not nearly as painful as the symptoms he experienced over 4+ weeks. He is symptom free after his 2nd shot...

Related Reading: Rheumatic Fever

Comment from: urkel, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 29

The injection hurts like hell and leaves you with a lump of something squishy in your butt for several days. Not my favorite way to get poked.

Comment from: heidi, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 04

My throat hurts all the time and my mouth tastes like lye soap. Yuk!!!!

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 23

Very painful injection, it better work.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 29

Didn't treat my strep throat. Will never use again.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 29

Worst experience with strep throat ever Bicillin didn't help. Husband was treated a day later with standard pen-V (oral) and he got better within 24 hours. I am still sick and going back to demand Pen-V to properly treat my strep.

Comment from: Meagan, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 17

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and my RPR test came back positive.I started treatment immediatley with bicillin.It's a very painful injection.I am now done with the coarse.I need to go back for my results.

Bicillin L-A Injectable in Tubex