Boniva Injection User Reviews

Boniva Injection - User Reviews

Boniva Injection User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Boniva Injection sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Donitta, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

The medication went under the site where injected and burned so bad. Swollen and Red and my hands hurt real bad. If given in the vein correctly you dont even know you got it but if not in the vein very painful. My doctor told me to put heat nothing has helped.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 14

I've been on Boniva IV for a full year. No problems with side-effects. However, after a bone density scan, I showed no improvement in my bone density; even a small loss. This was very disappointing for me.

Comment from: Diana, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 14

My mother is 87 years old. She has received a # of infusions over the past 2 years. Normally, she has had no side effects; however, this last one on April 7, took its toll. She awoke the following morning with back pain & has continued with severe back pain for an entire week. Hopefully, it will resolve soon; she is thinking that she will probably not take the med. again. Worse than her former rib fractures she says! She hasn't had a recent bone density study to evaluate the progress either.

Comment from: hedwik, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 11

I had an awful time after the first IV Boniva infusion, had fever, chills and 5 days of horrible bone pain and weakness. I never thought i would do this again but the doc said... the first time is worst and it will likely be better. NOt. I did not have the fever, chills second time but this is my 5th day of feelin awful, it is improving but i will never do this again. Few years, i bet these meds are taken off the market

Comment from: mgulo@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 07

fevers day of the IV. Now I have a tooth that needs to be taken out, no chance of restoring. I'm afraid of osteonecrosis. Any new info or suggestions. 2 yrs before i was on Aredia for 6 mos& 2 yrs before that Actonel (i lost 4 pts) I'm scared of this jaw death/ please advise of any new info Thanks

Related Reading: Aredia | Actonel

Comment from: Adriana, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 02

I have had 3 injections in a 9 month period. I am experiencing severe musle and joint pain to the point I sometimes cannot walk. I also am experiencing breathing pains I am going to halt usage on my own. I was using this for osteopiena

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 11

I was taking an oral medication for years, and had no real problems. The ease of the IV drew me to Boniva. I have really severe pains in my shoulders and my arms. The doctor says they are not related. They only started after the first injection so I'm convinced there is a relationship between the drug and the pain. I'll NEVER use it again.Beware Boniva!

Comment from: Queen, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

I had my first and last Boniva IV on Sept. 23, 2010. I was told I may have flu like symptoms for 3-5 days. Well, 24 hours later I had such joint pain I could not even walk. My neck, back, chest, knees hurt so badly. I I had trouble sleeping with pain every time I attempted to move. It even hurt to breathe and I felt like something was sitting of my chest. We called the Dr. and he said this will pass. Thanks, I hope so! It is now 3 days since the injection and my joints, especially knees, are so swollen I have to hold on to furniture to walk. I so wish I would have researched this drug before I had the IV. What is this drug doing to our bodies to give us these side effects and how long do they really last. No one seems to have an answer for any of this. I feel so mad at myself, because I am a person that researches everything and for some reason I did not research this properly. I asked lots of questions to the nurse practioner and she reassured me that the side effects would be mild, if I had any. This is NOT mild and I have beat myself up about this. The pain in trying to walking was just horrid. I am confined to the couch with a disabled husband that needs my help. What a mess. Please do not take this horrible drug.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: Maggie, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 19

ug 2007. In oct 2007 my echogram for heart murmur was ok. In oct 2008 the echogram showed something wrong with the heart. I am now in the process of waiting to see a surgeon for a valve replacement. In Aug 2008 when I had the IV I swelled in the face the next day but it was gone on the second day. I have had more problems with diarreha and swallowing food. Also I have gottenn a terrific pain in the left leg which has been ckd for blood clots. I am wondering if anyone has had the same symptons. It was really noticed by my thyroid doctor before I took my shot in Aug 2008. Thanks

Related Reading: heart murmur | blood clots

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.