Boniva Injection User Reviews

Boniva Injection - User Reviews

Boniva Injection User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Boniva Injection sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 29

I had 3 Boniva injections over a nine month period.The first one was tolerable with perhaps some achy muscles for a brief time. On the second one, shortly after the injection I felt a tremendous pressure rapidly spreading over the chest cavity. It lasted maybe 10 minutes. The doctor dismissed my reaction saying there was no connection to the injection. The third time I had the exact same reaction but also experienced some fast nausea and a surge of water that accumulated in my mouth. Who knows what was in store for me on the forth injection? I gave up Boniva and that doctor. He told me after a bone density test there had been minimal improvement on Boniva. I gave up that poison and now with another doctor I am taking Evista.

Related Reading: Evista

Comment from: KIKI, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 04

After just taking one Boniva pill, I experienced diarrhea, muscle aches and pains as well as joint pain. It started the very next night and I have had only little relief three days later. My back and joints still hurt and I feel run down as if I had a severe flu. I was reluctant to take this medication and I wish my doctor had disussed potential side efffects more clearly before precribing this medication. A pharmacist informed me afterwards that the medication is very corrosive to the stomach and causes significant side effects in some people immediately and for some people years later. I am appalled that such a medication is given without specific discussion of the harmful effects. From the information I have seen so far it appears that the side effects don't outweigh the benefits for many people. There seems to be limited effectiveness and people are put through intense pains for little benefit. I had Chemo in 2005 for four months and the side effects are similar. With such wide ranging negative effects on the stomach and digestive system, muscles and joints, and potentially more serious consequences in terms of swallowing problems and ulcers etc., this medication should come with prominent and multiple warnings so people can make an informed decision about taking it. I will discontinue it immediately and hope that it has not caused longterm damage. I would not recommend it without extreme caution.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: lilly, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 18

I also a fiberomalgia patient...I live with severe pain anyway. no pain pill helps!!! My bone, muscle, & joint pain is so bad now I can hardly get out of bed. I am going to discontiue the iv..........

Comment from: Veronica, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 02

I did not have any ill effects from the boniva injectable, but after taking it 3 years showed dramatic bone loss in the hip. I was told by the Dr. that Boniva does not work on the hip area. He wants to put me on the once a year Reclast injection. The reviews on that scared me, and I havent taken it as yet.

Related Reading: Reclast

Comment from: miss emily, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

I have received only one infusion of the Boniva IV. I had been taking the oral Boniva with no side effects. With the infusion I have been experiencing a reaction in my thigh bones of both legs. It feels like I have run a marathon when ever I do anything that involves walking. I cannot find this side effect anywhere to be able to describe it to the doctor. He keeps saying "what does it feel like?" I don't have any other descriptions.

Comment from: Jane, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 12

I have permanent nerve damage to my radial nerve due to Boniva. I tried telling my doctor that I was having problems after each injection - swelling, a hard knot, pain, and a hot spot at the site. He said it was not the Boniva and talked me into taking another injection. That was a huge mistake. The medication I have been on prescribed by a neurologist is now losing its effectiveness. The pain is returning, at times my arm goes to "sleep" and at other times I wake up with my arm alternating from feeling on fire to freezing. To top it all off my bone denisty did not improve while on the medication. It actually improved when I got off Boniva and started taking large doses of vitamin D and increasing my weight resistence exercises.

Comment from: butterbaby, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 20

Good morning, Been in Bed for a week flu like feelings since iv, Im hopeful have pain meds from Doc, I also have Fiberomaligia ( Lyrica and Symbatlta in short term doses really help fibro I swear for me it was god allful none stop pain before in shoulder blade), Osteo score 2.4 ,Arthritis in c4-5-6 in neck ,Crohns Colitis, Asthma. BLA BLA you get the Idea.lol.. cramps and weakness are bothersome with fever for a week, I keep getting in out up Tub so much I stopped draining it everytime even with the pain meds . over all I want this to work . I wanted to try the Forteo but Doc pushed the Boniva. wondering if kickbacks are involved. I am wondering with the Crohns if I will be able to cont as bad tummy aches after iv .My Mom is on Fasamax 5 years and methot, grandma in 90s and they dont give her anything.Any body that can share with me anything thats working god bless us each one

Related Reading: Lyrica | Colitis | Asthma

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.