Boniva Injection User Reviews

Boniva Injection - User Reviews

Boniva Injection User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Boniva Injection sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kdcjeep, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 01

I had my first injection in August 2009...I was on the monthly pill, but the injection was more reasonable...No side effects, and I am starting to notice a difference since I started taking Boniva 8 months ago...I am a patient & caregiver...

Comment from: kanga66, 35-44 (Patient) Published: January 16

My mother has been taking Boniva for several years now. Before she left for Florida in December, she had a calcium check at my urging. It came back that her calcium was low even with the Boniva. My calcium came back low also (it was 8.1) and my doctor recommended that I take a Tums with every meal. After just over 2 weeks, I had my calcium re-checked and it was up to 9.5. When my mom told me the results of her calcium test, I recommended she quit the Boniva and start on the tums since my calcium increased so much. Since she is paying so much a month for the Boniva compared to what a bottle of Tums cost, I would highly recommend trying the Tums since I saw such an increase in my calcium test. It may not work for everyone, but I saw the results of taking a Tums with every meal for just over 2 weeks in my reports of my calcium. I have already been diagnosed with early stage osteoporosis and will continue with my Tums regimen. I also have an allergy to milk which contributes to my low calcium, but like I posted previously, my calcium has gone up with the Tums.

Related Reading: osteoporosis | allergy

Comment from: bette, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 29

I have just taken my first treatment of boniva and have had no ill effects. I did as the nurse ask me to do,plenty fo fluids more calcium also more vita d3 .Am wondering how long do I do those things.

Comment from: Sara, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 07

I Have been receiving Boniva Shots every 3 months for about 2 yrs.....I have a reaction almost every time. But my last bone scan showed improvement, so I am continuing the shots. This last time I developed a pain in my shoulder blade that feels like a knot that won't go away. It's been there on and off for about 4 days and is keeping me up at nite. I am now considereing stopping the shots because each reaction seems to be getting worse and I'm afraid one of them may become permanet.

Comment from: lynda, 55-64 (Patient) Published: November 21

I have been taking it for awhile, but I still have a hip that is going bad/ since my last treatment two days ago, I have had quite abit of pain in my hip, but I still am confident it is better to use it then not

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.