Bontril PDM User Reviews

Bontril PDM - User Reviews

Bontril PDM User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Bontril PDM sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: anicole2525@hotmail.com, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 01

I lost 30 pounds in 3 months on this pill. I still get hungry obviously but what happens is that I will get full very fast- therfore I dont eat as much as I used to- and I stay full. Great results!!

Comment from: Pat, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

I have no desire to eat between meals, which was my big problem. I would eat from dinner until I went to bed. If I do have anything to snack on, I have a piece of friut. Basically I eat a small breakfast of cereal, or a piece of toast and and egg, have a salad and cottage cheese for lunch and eat a normal dinner of whatever I want, but have cut back on my portion of starches. I am just not hungry all the time. I have been on the pill for 9 weeks and have lost 18 pounds.

Comment from: Simple_Man, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 11

I started my weightloss program with the doctor on 09-25-07. I rode my bicycle 10 miles a day - everyday. I ate a low fat meal plan. I lost 35lbs from 9-25 to 10-30. I have lost an additional 10lbs for a total of 45lbs and my next weigh in is 12-04-07. Two fellow co-workers introducted me to the program and they have lost 107 lbs and 76 lbs respectively. I cant say enough about this medication. It does create constipation and decrease sexual cravings.

Related Reading: constipation | sexual

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 29

This is a GREAT weight loss drug. I'm a middle school teacher and I have energy to SPARE! I seem more focused on tasks at hand, but I want to do a thousand things at once. I notice that I want to talk a million miles a minute, but that's ok. I feel like I think more sharply and speak very clearly and directly. I've had brief dry mouth, but that could be from just talking a lot. I'm not jittery, but I have noticed I'm more direct and aggressive (not in a bad way) and want people to get to the point when they are speaking. I highly recommend this drug!

Related Reading: dry mouth

Published: November 07

I have only been taking this for 1 1/2 wks, and I feel great! I have more energy and I am not craving food. I do get hungry but do not feel the need or desire to over-eat. I am down 3 lbs already!

Comment from: Bigg mamma, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 19

I have been having problems loosing weight for years and I just beat cancer but I started the pills only 3 weeks ago and have dropped my weight a little fast. I have lost a total of 23 pounds already. But I feel great and I only have about 77 pounds to go. I can't wait to loose more weight. I have to be careful cause I have heart problems as well and it seems to be the only med that doesn't affect my heart. I have to see my Dr every 30 days and go in for an ekg and before I can take my pill every day I have to take my blood pressure and if it is elevated I I am not to take the pill but so far things are fine. I hope you have the luck I have. Good luck.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 07

Please read webmd information on this drug, I took Bontril PDM for short term, about three weeks, after losing 12 pounds, which was my goal, I stopped taking it, by the second or third day of stopping, I was extremely tired and depressed, like I just had no motivation or desire to do anything but lay around. After going back and reading up I realized that although I only took it three weeks, (I had been exercising and walk 5 miles every other day) that my body was acting as if was withdrawing from it, two long weeks later I guess it is finally out of my system, feeling 100% better, back at myself and walking my 5 miles. As for the Bontril I will choose not to take it, not because it does not curb the appetite, but because after taking it for three weeks, losing what I wanted to lose and stop taking it, apparently simulated the withdrawal symptoms of fatigue and depression. In my case I read and knew what was wrong, But not everyone who may experience those symptoms may realize that it may have occured when stopping the medication.

Related Reading: Bontril | fatigue | depression

Comment from: iveth, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 07

well i beging 9-30-08 and i was 230lb. today is 10-07-2008. and already lost 7 lb...i try everything in the past and nothing work.i have a medly of diets and programs. im doing exercise in the night x box 360 dance dance revolution and its funnnnnnn. im very happy. remember this pill is for obessity not to loose 10 pounds only... my doctor told me i have to used for 3 months then take a break of 1 month and beging again...