Botox User Reviews

Botox - User Reviews

Botox User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Botox sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kathy, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 25

After trying many different RX's I have found Botox injections to rid the migraines. The only issues I have is that it takes up to 10 days to begin to work, relief is for 3-4 weeks vs 3-4 months, drooping eyelids, loss of neck muscle / upper shoulder strength.Those who suffer from frequent migraines will find 3-4 weeks of relief a great break! I still need to take Topamax and slowly reduce my dosage during the Botox relief to give my system a break but then I find that I need to increase as the migraines increase. Wish I could find something that would work more effectively. If your insurance covers this you should try it, it's worth feeling like you have bee stings in the head just to get the few weeks of relief!

Related Reading: Botox | Topamax

Comment from: Luv, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 16

I have suffered with migraines/headaches for years. Now that I'm in menopause they've hit with a vengeance. After numerous medications I elected to try the botox. I was never informed that I'd be getting 20-25 shots. The injections started right below my hairline, circled both ears, followed my hairline in the back and then 3 shots down each of my neck muscles. The pain was minimal when you consider the migraine pain. It has been approx 4 weeks and I am now going to new doctors because they think I have infectious or bacterial arthritis. I never had an issue with joint pain in the past. The pain came on 2 wks post injections and along with the severe left hip pain I've got pain in both jaw joints, my rgt shoulder, a low grade temp, nausea and severe fatigue. Of couse this could be a coincidence but I don't think so. Think twice before getting sooo much botox injected and read as many reviews as possible. Nothing I had read had prepared me for what I am now going through.

Related Reading: menopause | migraine | arthritis

Comment from: Grams1, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 30

Have had migraines for almost 40 years. This was the last option for me. Now my head feels very heavy due to paralysing of neck muscles which are in constant spasm.Have to rest my head ofton. Had to get Lidocaine patches. Also drooping eyelds, sinus infection, throat ulissues. Agreed to injections but elimination neck and shoulders injections. Still have HA some even more violent. I would rather have migraines than the constant spasms in the neck and shoulders. I had to deal with both (HA and spasm). The effect wore off after about 6 weeks. Due for next in a month.

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 28

Experienced weak neck muscles for about 5 days after the injections. Felt like I needed a neck brace to hold my head up. I had a very stiff neck prior to the inj, the inj loosened the cervical joints up. Very pleased with the reduction in migraines. I have gone from 4/wk down 1/wk in 1 mointh.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 17

Instead of preventing migraines, this treatment actually caused one within 2 days of the injection and caused my eye to droop (which lasted for 2 months). I will never try this again.

Comment from: Kathy2, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 02

I have migraines and a constant facial pain from a trigeminal neuropathy. My doctor did the full treatment hoping to alleviate both the migraines and the facial pain. It's been a miserable experience. The Botox caused so much additional pain that I've TRIPLED the use of pain killers. The doctor has also added a long-acting pain killer patch medicine to the regular pain killers. I will say that I didn't have any migraines for almost 2 mos after the treatment. But it's been 4 mos since the initial treatment and I'm still popping pain killers right and left. I realize that we all react differently to medications, but I can't in good conscience recommend this therapy.

Comment from: Migraineur, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 02

I have had 7 sets of botox injections to prevent chronic migraine. Initially, the botox did reduce the frequency of migraine and headache. But I did struggle with tremendous neck pain and paralysis making bending over to do simple tasks difficult to impossible. We reduced the amount of botox given but still problems with movement continued. Finally, the botox began causing unrelenting throbbing headache that lasted for 4 - 5 weeks and I did not feel better until the botox wore off. I will no longer be using botox to prevent migraine as it no longer provides any benefit.

Related Reading: headache | neck pain