Buspar User Reviews

Buspar - User Reviews

Buspar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Buspar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bywhatnow@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 26

I felt as if I were drowning in life situations, I needed a life preserver so I could just "rest" a while so I could go on. This has been my life saver! For years and years doctors tried to put me on antidepressants, and I would get more depressed. THIS gave me the calm I needed without making me a zombi.

Related Reading: drowning | antidepressants

Comment from: vince5000, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 11

I suffer from anxiety and paranoia. This drug blocks it out. I take it at bedtime and once in the day. Couldn't survive without it.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: retired65, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 29

before taking Buspar, I was tense, had trouble sitting still very long, crabby, and had a "knot" between my shoulder blades. After a few weeks on the medication my anxiety was greatly reduced and I am able to function more efficiently. Tense situations don't bother me nearly as much and I've had comments made to me about how calm I seem to be, but I'm never feeling like I'm over drugged.

Related Reading: Buspar

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

After 6 days, this Rx has helped cut the edge on the stress/anxiety I was feeling. This is my first experience with medication of this type, and was hesitant to try it, and even questioned whether I needed it. After 6 days, my husband has noticed a postive change...calmer, less irritable, generally happier. I'm able to handle my work stress much better, without transferring it to my home life.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: Jane, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 26

I am 67 yrs old, and had such a level of anxiety, it interfered severely with every day of my life! I noticed improvement from the very first day! I did have to go up to 15mg twice daily, but holding at that dose has just been a lifesaver! I have nothing but praise for this medication! Also, I am a newly retired RN, so i am pretty well-informed about medications!

Published: October 12

I have suffered and not worked for 5 years. Now with 30mg of this drug I have been able to look for work. The anxiety and panic are not present.

Comment from: mak2121, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 20

For the last 10 years I have had doctors perscribe antidepressants. I've been on so many like Prozac, Paxil, Effexor, Lexapro, Pristiq and Remeron which wouldn't do much for me but give me bad side effects. I would always tell my doctors (and I've had several) that I wasn't depressed I was just very nervous. My doctors were always against giving me xanax saying that they were addictive. I was even told to do Yoga. It was very upsetting and I would often feel like I was just supposed to be like this! This last visit my doctor told me about BuSpar and I am so glad. I have been taking 10mg twice a day. It only took me a week to adjust to the medicine. I was a little light headed at first- put that went away. I can finally sleep thru the night. I am alot calmer and I can even smile now! I was always so nervous and angry that I could never smile. So happy I tried it. Too bad it only took 10 years to find the right medicine.

Related Reading: Prozac | Paxil | Effexor

Comment from: meme, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 28

Have extreme anxiety due to being a type A personality & a perfectionist. Have tried several different meds including xanax and antidepressants and this has worked the best. (Xanax worked too, but dr. wouldn't prescribe anymore.) It took about 2 wks, but now zero anxiety, I don't get stressed. Don't yell at the kids and my employees don't think I'm crazy anymore. AND my husband is also very pleased in the change. I am also sleeping much better.

Related Reading: xanax