Buspar User Reviews

Buspar - User Reviews

Buspar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Buspar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: skids, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 30

Helps me with irrational worries and being overwhelmed about the future.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 28

I take the smallest dose necessary to function. I still have panic attacks, but they are controlled and short lived. I can live with that. I have a life now!

Related Reading: panic attacks

Comment from: rbrizzi, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 03

This is the best Anxious meds I have ever taking. I have been on it for 21yrs and it stills works like it should. I don't get upset that easy. I just let things roll off my back. I can handle things and stress much better. Be for taking buspar I was afraid to go out of the house or be alone. I now go where I want and do enjoy my time alone. Robin Brizzi from Rochester.

Comment from: nervousnellie, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 12

My primary doctor put me on Prozac, despite my reluctance and insistence that I was really just anxious, not depressed. (I'm a therapist for goodness sake, I think I'm qualified to know). She is also adamantly opposed to any Benzos ever, which I totally disagree with. Anyhow, a couple of months later I was at my OB/GYN's office and told him what happened. I knew about Buspar and flat-out asked him what he thought. He thought Prozac was a bad call for me, and gave me Buspar instead. At the time my husband's company was downsizing and I was really worked up and anxious about it, knowing that he would be out of a job with no new prospects. Buspar helped. I won't say it was some panacea for me, but it was somewhat effective. Also, it's pretty cheap with few side effects. I'd say give it a whirl if anxiety is your presenting problem. Also, find a doctor that you can really talk to who actually listens to you without letting his or her own issues get in the way. I divorced my MD and found someone new. I should have done that years ago. And don't forget the counseling---SO VERY HELPFUL!!! Best wishes to you on this journey.

Comment from: betternow!, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 16

I switched to Buspar from Wellbutrin about 7 months ago and the results have been fantastic. I didn't realize that anxiety, not depression, was my main issue until after taking Wellbutrin for 8 months I became VERY ANXIOUS- couldn't stand being in my own skin, etc. This medication is PERFECT for my anxiety issue and I've never felt better.

Related Reading: Wellbutrin | depression

Comment from: gnvwjv, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 10

I was suffering from major anxiety and panic attacks constantly and to the point where it started to take over my life. I was put on clonazipam, valium, and many types of anti-depressants over the years but nothing has been as effective. I don't feel groggy or tired and am able to deal with tough situations much better. The only thing it doesn't do is help the insomnia. My dose is 15 mg 3 times a day.

Related Reading: valium | insomnia

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 11

I have been taking this medication with no side effects for 15 years 15 2X daily. Since starting this medication I no longer wait fot the sky to Fall. I have just increased my dosage but have no interest in taking another medication. This medication truly gave my life back to me.

Comment from: wsfhubbard, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 25

I have been taking BuSpar for appx 6 weeks. I can tell a huge difference in myself. I have more energy, blood pressure decreased considerably, no heart-racing, no hot flashes, etc. The only side effect: I get slightly dizzy/light-headed about 30 minutes after I take my prescribed dose. But it doesn't last very long at all (appx 5-10 minutes). It has changed my life for the better. Hope it always works for me. Plus, I love that there's no withdrawals if I do stop taking it. Would definitely recommend!!

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: Beaverton, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 16

Took it for 4 months and have just recently stopped after gradually reducing dosage from a maximum of 40 mg. Anxiety has returned, but I also feel more clear-headed -- like I awoke form a foggy period. Pros: - Reduced anxiety as evidenced by no desire to surf web or watch TV at night before going to sleep. (a habit that wasted time and reduced my sleep time). - Effective for social anxiety. It was much easier for me to strike up conversations with strangers and speak up at work. - Temporarily -- while the drug had a central nervous system stimulative effect -- improved my work and life performance. Cons: - made me feel kind of floaty, - reduced perception of physical surroundings, - reduced ability to (or interest in) observe mental operations, - had zero sexual interest, - lacked motivation and drive, - Stimulative effect faded. To summarize, it was effective against anxiety, but at the cost of reduced mental focus. Not a good tradeoff for me. The experience of taking the drug has enabled me (at least for now) recognize a state of anxiety as a state and I am able to give it less importance -- except when in a stressful situation. I believe meditation would be as effective against anxiety, while enhancing clarity and flexibility in mental processes, but the trick is to maintain a meditation schedule. It's not easy for a person with anxiety. Hence the need for drugs -- a blunt-force but easy to maintain solution.

Related Reading: sleep | sexual