Buspar User Reviews

Buspar - User Reviews

Buspar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Buspar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: davonkalil, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 12

at first i was scared to take this medication. i never experience this feeling. I been taking 5mg 3 times a day for about 5 weeks now and i can say i feel alot better than i did. it really works.

Comment from: momoftwins, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

I have tried everything for my anxiety, which was worrying about everything, not understanding why I was feeling certain ways. I tried Zoloft and thought I was really going to go crazy. So far on the Buspar, I am chilled out and not really worrying. Does anyone else feel the same?

Related Reading: Zoloft

Comment from: Rruussnn, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

I take Buspirone to augment my SSRI, which seemed to stop working. It worked in reducing depression and anxiety, but it is not easy to use because it takes a LONG time to work. At least 6 weeks, in my experience, to really start feeling well. And the dose, from what I understand, needs to be at least 45mg. So, if you take this medication, realize that it may take many weeks to start working. Interestingly, it may correct any sexual dysfunction you may have with SSRI.

Comment from: anxious al, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 12

I started taking buspar about a year ago for severe anxiety. It completely changed my life! I went from being afraid to leave the house, back to my normal self again! It does make me a little dizzy about an hour after taking it, but well worth it!

Comment from: skids, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 12

I have taken Buspar on and off for a number of years. It was added to my Zoloft about 10 years ago when Zoloft was no longer controlling my anxiety. It worked very well. I'm currently on the max dose 60mg and don't have any known side effects. I worry less and can concentrate better. I now take it with Celexa (60mg). I would recommend this to anyone who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Related Reading: Zoloft | Celexa

Comment from: life changing med, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 13

Have been on many medications over the years for social anxiety and severe panic attacks, and nothing has helped. My conditions worsened after the death of my mother. Doctor prescribed Buspar. I was nervous and had my doubts at first because I hate taking medications that make me feel totally out if it and nothing I had taken in the past has helped. Buspar is my miracle! I feel like myself again! Which is something I never thought was going to be possible again. I have been on the medication for about 5 months and have only had 2 panic attacks! My anxiety level has significantly decreased and I have had zero side effects! If you want your life back, ask your doctor about Buspar, it has changed my life.

Comment from: paintedpassion, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 07

I was on this medication for anxiety for a year and it helped so much that I was able to actually go off of it. It gave me the ability to "get a grip" and be able to concentrate and absorb what I needed to learn in therapy. It broke the cycle of anxiety. There were side effects like lightheadedness that did go away after I was on it for awhile. This was alot less bothersome than the anxiety. I highly recommend this drug as it worked so well for me. I had suffered with anxiety for 20 years that started with the pregnancy of my first child. I feel if it can help me it can help anyone. Use this medication in conjuction with the book "Hope and help for your nerves" by Dr. Clair Weeks and you'll have it made!!

Related Reading: pregnancy

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 19

I was taking an antidepressant by itself for 3 years when the effectiveness began to decrease. I added a low dose of Buspar and am feeling like a million bucks without all the funky side effects & withdrawal symptoms.