Butrans User Reviews

Butrans - User Reviews

Butrans User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Butrans sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: code3cutie, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 20

First off, I LOVE this patch because for the first time since my lower back injury in 2007, I feel like me! I am 26 years old and I started this patch on Sunday (it's currently Friday) I was prescribed this since T3s, norco, and nucynta were no longer working and/or started to disagree with me. I was able to clean my house... Without feeling groggy, horrible pain or getting grouchy. I do have to take about 1 T3 a day for breakthrough pain, but it's a huge difference from prior to the patch Buuuuuut.... Ever since Tuesday (maybe it was Wednesday) have been experiencing pain in my hands, a pretty bad pain with slight weakness... Only in my hands. I wake up with them feeling the worst, yesterday I could only make a half fist... I made an appt with my dr for Monday, I'm going to try and keep the patch on until then (the pharmacy said remove the patch if the hand pain becomes bothersome... The back pain for me is too intense without the patch) Has anyone else had similar symptoms?

Related Reading: nucynta

Comment from: Suzanne, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 06

I just started using this med and so far so good.It's the onlt thing that has given me any peace.

Comment from: GregO, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 22

Patch takes the edge off but the real pain is still there. After c5-6,6-7 surg & 2 carpal tun releases diag w/ fibro & CRPS. Major hand pain up thru forearms. Burning hand sensations. Finger cramps, stabbing pains, always feel like I've just worked out (neck & shoulders). Now on cymbalta, diclofenac, 2400 mg neurontin & 20 mcg Butrans. Have to tape edges to make it last 7 days, also cover w/ plastic to shower. Had initial itching w/ 'chemical burn' looking rash once or twice but that has passed. Started @ 5,10,now 20. Using for 8 mos. and think it's better than non-stop pain pill dropping.

Related Reading: cymbalta | itching | rash

Comment from: ellengreenspoon, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 23

I have a sensitivity to Latex and the patch makes the site extremely itchy. I have tried using an inhaler sprayed on the site before placing the patch but most weeks it doesn't work and often tear off the patch because of extreme itchiness/pain. Any latex free patches for the future? Any other similar cases?

Comment from: RPh turned chronic pain pt, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

I love the Butrans Patch (5mcg). I have been on everything from T3 to Dilaudid trying to control my pain (cancer diagnosis, chronic back pain, fibromyalgia). I could only take these meds at night or I was in a fog at work. With Butrans, I am able to get relief 24hrs/day, w/out the fog - My mind is very clear. Had a little N&V in the beginning, but has gone away. Every once in awhile I get some BTP, but it is very rare. I would recommend this patch to anyone that asks.

Related Reading: Dilaudid | cancer | fibromyalgia

Comment from: jefferyt62, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 16

I have intractable migraines with fibromyalgia and arthritis. I have suffered with chronic pain with more than 10 years. I was taking Percocet 10/325 for several years but it no longer had any effect after so long. I began seeing a Pain Management Specialist who has performed Radio Frequency Ablation with limited success, I take Oxycodone 30 mg (long acting) and recently he added the Butrans 10 mcg patch. I find that I have to take less of the Oxycodone while using the patch. I primarily need the boost in the morning when my pain is at its worst and usually after I have severely overdone things the day before. Overall, I have received benefit from it and being able to lower or eliminate some of the shorter acting drugs is a huge plus for me. I have had none of the listed side effects with the exception of urine retention and dark urine. I am still in week 2 of the first box, so I am hopeful. I do feel more "normal" than I have in some time, fatigue is still there but much less pronounced. Thanks for listening and I remain hopeful that this will provide me with an avenue to feel better and be more active for an extended period of time.

Related Reading: chronic pain | Percocet

Comment from: suzie, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 24

I have been using the medication for three months and it does help some, not completely for arthritis and sciatic pain. I feel the patch lasts only 6 days.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain