Butrans User Reviews

Butrans - User Reviews

Butrans User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Butrans sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Kristi143, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 23

I am on 10mcg for 3 weeks now. I think it begins to work the 3rd day thru 5th and drops off. My hands, feet, bones, still ache constantly. I do think I sleep better at night. Is 20mcg better?

Comment from: sspurlock63, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 09

I have been on the 20 McG/HR patch since Feb 2011.I have DDD and 5 bulging disc in neck and back. I was taking almost 300 mg of morphine daily for 3 years prior. I do not get anything for breakthru pain, so I take 4-6 alieves a day. I work in a factory and have been for 24 years this has aggravated my DDD alot. I also have blistery red sots when I take patch off so I just switch rt to lft on shoulders (the only place it seems to stick) I m glad I am not on all the other meds I jus wished it would work a little better. I get epiderials in my back about every 3-4 months which seems to help some but I do like the fact you put one on and don't worry about it for a week. I am just a bit worried about taking all the overthecounter meds with it. I also have a lot of swelling with it but it is better than all the pills.

Comment from: pavermechanic, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 12

I have had chronic pain due to a very physical profession, OA,Bursitus, disk degeneration, etc. Have been taking 35 mg. oxycodone for a couple of years, and needed more, so my Doctor put me on 20 mcg/hour. Have been taking it for 2 1/2 months now. It helps a lot when my pain is worse at night. I only need 15 mg. of oxycodone for 4 days after putting on the patch. The last 3 days, i need more oxycodone. I think the drug in teh patch weakens after 4 days. Taking 2 narcotics does give me constipation as expected. I take fiber tabs, and eat high fiber cereal every day, and that seems to work. I seem to have bad dreams since i have been on this. I will stay on this drug as long as the discount card stays active. I will have to stop taking it if the card expires in 2 months. This drug is very expensive. $70 copay each month, with insurance.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: shamrock, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 11

I sweat a lot and with the patch it is sometime a very terrible effect. But over all it helps my muscle's but not my bones. DX is SLE lupus and M.S with fibro and much more.

Related Reading: lupus

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 04

Was on medication for two weeks. Started at 10mcg, then 20mcg. the pain relief was OUTSTANDING. Better than anything else I've tried. However, the sedation, constipation, and nausea associated w/ this med was far greater than other opioid meds and was too much to bear and have been switched to Nucynta ER, which has less side effects, but less pain relief as well. If you can deal w/ the side effects, I HIGHLY recommend this medication.

Related Reading: Nucynta ER