Byetta User Reviews

Byetta - User Reviews

Byetta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Byetta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bobbirab, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 25

i was on this drug for 6 monthes. great to loose some weight 60 lbs to be exact. but it was like a drug induced anorexia. i could not eat .the smell of food was horrific. now i find out i was not supposed to be on insilin while using this drug , perscribed by the same dr. almost killed me whats up with that? !

Related Reading: anorexia

Comment from: tndsteard, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 06

I began Byetta 5mcg four days ago. I am your typical resistant bullheaded diabetic -I was absolutely mortified with the thought of needles, scared sick of getting sick, and in complete denial that my blood sugar was out of control. Over ten years I had been given every opportunity to control it with diet, exercise and multiple variations of oral meds. It worked for a time - but unfortunately as all good things come to an end when I hit my 40's - they didn't work any longer and I kept kicking myself for not exercising or eating right. I very reluctantly, still whining and crying and yes - pouting some too - agreed to give Byetta a try and WOW!That is all I can say and I'm a very wordy person as you can tell. I started my shot on Sunday morning with a BS of 403. Two hours after breakfast I was down to a BS of 286 and my nightly BS was 157. They had said you should see immediate results and boy were they right! And here is the kicker - I have not been sick or nauseated one single time - I credit this to my doctor who told me to eat smaller meals at first and to limit my carbs while getting used to the medicine. I already feel better and as much as I was told and didn't believe them - the finger pricks do hurt more than the shots, because the shots don't hurt at all! It took me a full 15 minutes psyching myself up for the first one and I couldn't believe it when I finally took it. The only inconvenience to this medicine is the timing of the shot with your meals and a little bit of heartburn at times. I am having BS's in the 150 to 250 range now and I'm sure I'll be upped to 10mcg at the end of my trial month and I'll start worrying all over again. But for now I am thrilled and thankful for this amazing drug. I hope this review will help you in your decision, because I read and re-read all 99 reviews on here when I knew I was going to be prescribed it. I wish good health and the best of luck to all of you who may read this.

Related Reading: Byetta | heartburn

Comment from: janelle, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 26

I only had one thing that I wasn't pleased with and that was the nausea,it was very intense for about 2 weeks.then it subsides. It was a great weight loss. I find the advantages of the drug well worth the side effects. I feel that I have more control over my blood sugar than I have in ten years!! I wish I was aware of it sooner. Just not knowing what my high readings have done to some of my vital organs is scarey. I feel now that I'm on the right track and I finally have a peace of mind about my health.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 02

I've been using this drug for 3 months now and I like it. At first it made me nauseous, but then I learned the trick was to take it 45 minutes before I ate and the nausea went away. I've lost 10 pounds already. It's a wonderful appetite supressant. Since I know I'm not going to be very hungry at lunch, I'm able to make better food choices for lunch.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 09

dramatic reduction in a1c - from 8.0 to 5.9 from month 6 to month 9 of treatment, after oral meds were losing their effectiveness. Byetta replaced Actos in my regimen (also take glipizide and metformin, plus quinapril for kidneys). At month 9, following the 5.9 a1c, have cut in half the glipizide treatment. Appetite controlled, have lost nearly 20 lb from my starting 230, feel wonderful about that. Patients, don't fear the injection, it's no big deal (no vein involved, just shoot it into the fat LOL). Occasional low-sugar feeling of weakness easily managed (and I'm glad my sugar is occasionally low these days - nice change). HIGHLY recommend Byetta and the endocrinologist who prscribed it for me.

Related Reading: Actos

Comment from: Civic04, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 22

First let me say thanks to all whom have posted on this website. Knowledge is key. I started Byetta 5mcg twice a day for over two weeks. I already prepared my mind and body for the vomiting and the nausea. The information I received from others was very helpful. For example: Injecting on the thigh can alleviate the side effects and it did. I have not vomited or have experienced nauseous for two weeks. I did have constipation and because of it had stomach cramps but they have subsided. I kept my same diet (not really healthy) but my appetite has gone down and I don't crave late night snacks. Overall in two weeks I have lost 5 pounds. Everybody is different I do recommend Byetta, if your doctor suggests it. Don't just try it for a few days and quit. About injecting yourself: it hurts more pricking your finger than injecting. Thanks to all Stay healthy. I'll try to keep an update after a month

Related Reading: constipation