Byetta User Reviews

Byetta - User Reviews

Byetta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Byetta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: debsue54, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 26

been on byetta for 4 months and have lost 26lbs. nausea was a problem for awhile but like losing weight and feel alot better and my a1c was 5.8 at last count. they need to check this drug out for obesity cause it works on your appetite great. can't eat very much at meals but still works on my diabetes great drug in my opinion

Related Reading: obesity

Comment from: adams, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 17

I was very sick for the first 3 weeks with nausea that has cleared. I have lost 30lbs. in 4mos. My Alc has dropped to 5.9 in 3 mos.

Comment from: Kittiesweetie@yahoo.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 24

I have type 2 insulin resistant diabetes, I had gained almost 100 pounds, when I started using Byetta I started losing weight. at first I had stomach pain and was sick at my stomach quite a bit and didnt feel like eating, after I had been using it for aboout a month or so I got use to it and have now lost 87 pounds. I feel great. I had gotten over 300 pounds and now am down to about 225, losing another 75 pounds will put me where I want to be. and my sugar level is always good. once in a while it can get to low but I have learned how to hadle that.My doctor is very happy about the results and I have blood work done each time before my next appointment and every thing always looks good.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 13

Have been on this medication for just over a year this Thanksgiving. Have lost 85 lbs. Also taking Metformin. Digestive side effects happen when consuming fatty foods (i.e. fast foods) or too many carbs. I have reached by goal weight and my A1C at my last visit was 5.3. Would recommend this drug. You just need to modify the types of food you eat. Also, taking the shot in your thighs minimizes the nausea.