Bystolic Tablets User Reviews

Bystolic Tablets - User Reviews

Bystolic Tablets User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Bystolic Tablets sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: SteveG, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 22

I've had experiences with quite a few beta blockers over the past few years. All the Bystolic hype about being third generation etc. is rubbish. It provides vasodilation and is beta1 specific, so are many other beta blockers. (If you read the sites Prescribing information for this medication it causes Leydig Cell and SPERM cell damage.)The least side effect claims are all marketing ploys. This pill known as Nebivolol (BYSTOLIC)has been around in Europe since the early 1990's. The same time period as TOPROL, ZEBETA and KERLONE. It is not that new and drug companies shouldn't exagerate or twist the facts. I can say that Bystolic definitely has it's share of side effects, including water retention, sexual dysfunction, forgetfullnes, increases in Cholesterol and Glucose levels and worst of all, Increased Liver enzymes. The best and safest choice for a beta blocker which I have been currently taking is KERLONE, known as BETAXOLOL. Compared to other beta blockers it is pretty remarkable, though not advertised or very popular. Best of all no sexual side effects, less joint pain, and better sleep patterns.

Related Reading: beta blockers | ZEBETA | KERLONE

Comment from: redlady, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 04

I had several side effects including extreme tiredness, total lack on motivation, difficulty sleeping, night sweats, and lightheaded/dizzy. I stopped this drug 2 days ago out of desperation to feel better. Yes, I went to the doctor and asked to have my med changed because I felt so lousy. Lab work was done which was normal and doc wanted me to continue the med. I just couldn't do it. I have never felt so bad in my entire life!! I am feeling more normal everyday since stopping the med. This was not the drug for me. I realize others may do great with it. Just wanted to make my experience known in case someone else is having the same difficulty. I was on this med for 5 months.

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 17

I've been taking this for a little over a month now. My heart rate and blood pressure have both dropped greatly. Here's the downside, I have become very tired and sluggish and have been packing on the pounds like a bear preparing for winter.

Comment from: Kiki, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 21

I began taking Bystolic shortly after its FDA approval. It was touted in ads by Forest Labs, the manufacturer, as being "novel" and a "new generation beta blocker"-implying that the side effects typical of the beta blocker class of drugs would be less pronounced with Bystolic.I had been having side effects with the beta blocker,ToprolXL so I asked my doc if I could try it. A drug rep had apparently gotten to him already as my doc assured me that the Bystolic would be much better tolerated. He wrote me a new script for it. I have been on the drug now for almost two years. At first it worked rather well but as another reviewer has posted, I feel it might have the potential to become "toxic" after awhile. Side effects have slowly grown to include severe insomnia, occasional shortness of breath, depression, weight gain and recently and most annoying of all, tinnitus...a humming sound in my ears. Most troubling is that along with all these adverse side effects Bystolic also seems to lose its effectiveness as an anti-hypertensive after awhile. After about two years my blood pressure began to fluctuate, whereas initially Bystolic controlled it reasonably well. I switched back to Toprol XL and my blood pressure stabilized within a few days. Some of the side effects are easing. Unfortunately, the Toprol also has similar nasty side effects, but at least it does what it's supposed to do. I will also mention that the company that manufactures Bystolic was reprimanded and warned by the FDA back in August 28, 2008 for what the FDA considered misleading advertising. The language of their ads implied that Bystolic had a more tolerable side effect profile; however the FDA ordered them to cease making such claims. Like many of you I am SO fed up with the nasty side effects of the drugs available for those of us with hypertension. I also wish physicians would stop their tendency to dismiss our reports of adverse drug side effects. I feel they rely too heavily on the drug reps.

Related Reading: insomnia | depression | tinnitus

Comment from: Cofm, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 24

I posted a few months ago but here is an update. I stated before I felt like I was living in a dream. This drug really affected my sleep and mood, was very depressed. I have read lots of those comments. I have been off for over seven month and finally feel back to normal. A few things. One, this drug does have side affects despite what doctors may or may not say. If you suspect this drug gives you side effects talk with your doctor and ask them to give you another. Two, you may not notice the harmful side affects until you have been on it for awhile (two, three month). Be aware your mood change could be from this drug after long use. This drug made me feel suicidal so please don't discount the side effects. I am not a doctor but I would recommend anyone talk with their doctor if they notice any mood changes even if you don't feel it is the drug. Ask them to take your off. It is not worth feeling that low because doctors common lines are this drug has no side effects. I hope this helps. Please hit like if this helped. I would like to see my bad experience used for some good.