Bystolic Tablets User Reviews

Bystolic Tablets - User Reviews

Bystolic Tablets User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Bystolic Tablets sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ladydi, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 11

I have been experiencing heart palpitations for the past few months. My heart doctor did a stress test and everything was normal. I am currently taking Lisonpril and Verapimil. My doctor gave me samples of Bystolic and I took one as soon as I left the office. Believe it or not, I have not had any palpitations since taking the pill. I don't feel anxious and out of breath like I used to. I used to be able to feel my heart pounding in my chest and at night I could not sleep on my left side because my heart was beating so hard into the mattress that I couldn't sleep. I no longer have that problem. I have not experienced any side effects yet and hopefully I won't. If this drug works this well this fast, I'm definitely staying on it even though it is expensive. I feel like my normal self again. I would recommend Bystolic to anyone who is experiencing heart palpitations.

Related Reading: palpitations | stress

Comment from: khan0211, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 15

Was using toprol, but experienced tiredness later on in the day. I have been using bystolic for over 3 weeks. Experiencing severe tiredness and dizziness. I have never felt worst. I am now weening off, and still feel side effects. Sharpe pain. Would not advise anyone to use this drug, especially without knowing side effects.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Apalia1, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 20

Bystolic 5 mg, (one does only thus far) lowered my bp and pulse greatly. However, I cannot function. Took the first does on 6/18/09 at 6:30 p.m. It is now 6/20/09 at 12:30 pm, and am still feeling dizzy, slightly blurring vision and cannot function well. I have been on many, many bp meds throughout the time since being diagnosed with high bp. ALL meds have given me severe and persistent negative side effects - difficulty breathing, significant hair loss, swollen and paralized tongue/throat areas (couldn't move my tongue/throat to swollow, then when I told the doc, he doubled my dose. No, I didn't go for that); joint pain, horrible thoughts, arm/fingers doing to sleep to the point I couldn't turn off my alarm clock; constipation, very dry cough throughout the day and night, fatique with some meds and fatigue because the cough would keep me up all night; and many, many more symptoms. I just want to say to all of you taking these bp meds, that if you are feeling a symptom, you most likely are. You know your body, trust your judgment. When I first experienced the hair loss, the doc said, "It's not from the medication...it's menopause..." Well, I stopped taking the med and went on a different one. The hair loss stopped! Prior to taking the Bystolic, I was on a regimen of 30 mg Procardia, XL, and 12.5 mg(doc said to take 25 mg - I cut the dose knowing the difficulties I have). It seems to be working ok. However, prior to the Procardia, 30 mg XL, I was on the 60 mg XL. 60 mg was too strong. It did lower my bp but pulse was usually higher than what I would like. Throughout the last 3 years or so, I have been experiencing "unexplained waves of anxiety (they stopped as quickly as they would come on), faint-like episodes, palpitations, arrested breathing, and 3 trips to the ER. My doc who prescribed the Procardia, suggested I stop taking Protonix (acid reflux caused by bp meds). I stopped such and for now, no waves of anxiety, no difficulty breathing. Trust your gut! Alia

Related Reading: hair loss | constipation | cough

Comment from: wayyounger, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 13

My BP and pulse rate went down after the first day, so I was impressed. It's been a steady 112/75 with pulse at 58, which is good since I'm athletic. I'm also on Avapro for high BP. Not sure why I have to take both. I've now been on Bystolic for a month and started noticing side effects over the last week, mainly constant fatigue, headaches and most recently joint pain. I sleep all night, but don't feel rested in the morning. I exercise every day, but am now having trouble finishing my routines. Too tired and trouble breathing. I have mild asthma. Made an appointment with doctor to change medicine. Joint pain too severe to tolerate. I can't do a lot of everyday things anymore. I'm 54 and in good health otherwise. Medicine is worth a try to lower your BP; you may or may not get side effects.

Related Reading: Avapro | fatigue | asthma

Comment from: Milo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 29

I was prescribed 5 mg. Bystolic to control my blood pressure (130+/80+) and to lower my pulse rate (80-100+, with 70+ being normal). Overnight it worked to bring my readings down to well within normal ranges. The only problem I had was that the first week I took it, the following day I would suddenly go to sleep without warning, alarming to say the least. As instructed, I took half a tablet instead, and still got the full effect of the medication without the odd side effect. It's nice to no longer feel my heart/pulse racing or worry about my BP -- a wonder drug!