Bystolic Tablets User Reviews

Bystolic Tablets - User Reviews

Bystolic Tablets User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Bystolic Tablets sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 08

I'm back I made and entry of 11/27/08 (Indian dr.) I had to be weaned off of Bystolic couldn't take the weird spacey feeling any longer...I started getting MIGRAINES regulary and headaches daily. It was great at first then after two months I couldn't cut it any longer. PLEASE BE MINDFUL DO NOT STOP TAKING ON YOUR OWN YOU MUST HAVE DR. PERMISSION IT WILL/CAN CAUSE A HEART ATTACK. You must be weaned off I started taking 5mg he made me take one every other day for a weak and put me on norvasc. A calcium blocker instead of Beta Betas play mind games on you.

Related Reading: HEART ATTACK | norvasc

Comment from: donsf, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 07

Has lowered my bp some over 12 months, but it's still in the 130/85 range. But it's causing shortness of breath, cold hands and feet, and especially cramps in my calves, feet and sometimes hands. Has anyone else had these cramps? thanks

Comment from: MikeP, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 20

I can say that BYSTOLIC is one of the best beta blockers currently available. I have tried several beta blockers (including TOPROL XL). BYSTOLIC is excellent for heart rate control and is also much gentler on the gastro system in comparison to other beta blockers. BYSTOLIC does not have the negative effects on mental functioning such as forgetfullness, mood changes and weird/vivid dreams. It also will improve sexual functioning over time. You need to give this pill time to perform it's magic as your body adjusts. The main side effect's I've had are feeling tired, slight weight increase and occasional joint pains. Keep in mind that every pill has side effects. This is a true all in one pill. It provides vasodilation, works on the Angiotensin sytem, increases nitric oxide, relaxes the heart rate, has blood platelet effects, and controls blood pressure. You do not need to take other HBP medications if your blood pressure is controlled. A problem with this pill is the standard 5mg tablet which is very inconvenient to split in half because it has no score line and is triangular shape. The manufacturer believes that with the 5mg tablet, one size fits all, and everyone should be prescribed 5mg. I disagree, I'm doing fine on 2.5 mg (so far). I can always work my way upward. You will be hard pressed to find a better beta blocker on the market. TOPROL is the second best choice and the gold standard of beta blockers. It is effective, and well researched with a proven record for hypertension, heart failure, MI and arrythmia. It is also known throughout the world. KERLONE/BETAXOLOL is my second best choice, but the manufacturer has had a recall due to generic screw-ups etc. KERLONE is exactly like TOPROL but with less side effects such as weird dreams and fatigue.

Related Reading: TOPROL XL | sexual | heart failure

Comment from: kt, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 20

I have been taking bystolic now for about 2 months and my doc told me that it has limited side effects. However I have gained at least five pounds. and I am very short of breath, and when I sit for a period of time my calves feel very heavy. Also I do not have a sex drive at all. can anyone help me. Another thing that I noticed is that I feel depressed.I did not have these feeling before I started on bystolic.

Comment from: masterbeta, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 10

Switched from Atenolol after 4 years to Toprol XL for 30 days and now Bystolic due to fatigue, dizziness and bloating. So far the Bystolic (5mg) is the lesser of the evils. I think all beta blockers are bad but they do control my bp and heart rate effectively. For me, Bystolic is easier on the fatigue and most of the other side effects I've had on the Atenolol and Toprol.

Related Reading: Atenolol

Comment from: cmy0912, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 19

Within 3 days I felt so much better and I have had no side effects at all. I have now been taking it 1 month.

Comment from: sevnoaks, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 17

Been on bystolic for about 4 months and nearly killing me! Wrote before about all the bad effects, tired, headache,etc. Then found my psorisis has gotten way worse, then hair falling out to less then half! Dr. taking me off slowly and been to er twice in last week for palpitations, bradycardia, and pulse down to 41! Hurting all over so bad I can barely stand it and have another week before off this killing med! If the cure doesn't get you the getting off med will! Be very careful when stopping! This review has saved me so many times. Just be careful of all meds!

Related Reading: headache