Campral User Reviews

Campral - User Reviews

Campral User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Campral sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 04

Campral has worked very well in eliminating the cravings of alcohol. This will be a very good tool for those that also use A.A. to abstain from alcohol. I do have joint pain as a side effect, but thats better than jail, court, divorce, ect.

Related Reading: Campral

Comment from: ex-drinker, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 03

at first i thought i could still drink some and stop while starting campral.........wrong idea. after getting into a volunatary intensive out-patient i developed a true understanding of my habit and the causes. once i really understood this and truly decided i wanted sobriety the medication worked and i have zero hard cravings. occassionally i do think about the old times but i "play the tape" and the outcome is not a good one so i do not drink. i really do not miss alcohol and neither do my wife or kids. this medicine is truly a blessing when used in conjunction with a complete program.

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 27

I have been on Campral for about 3 weeks, and I can finally look at a liquor store without needing or wanting to drink. I used to drink almost every day, now I don't even think about drinking!

Comment from: thankfulllysober, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 20

After hitting rock bottom I was willing to try anything. Campral is such a great help in early recovery. Cravings are eliminated which seems impossible. What a miracle. I was able to begin counseling and AA without the nagging cravings. I'm two years sober and highly recommend this drug!

Comment from: Lucky, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 09

Side effects for me are constant ringing in the ears, and anemia. But it worked great. I drank constantly for 16 years, now I haven't had a drop for 3 weeks. That's amazing.

Related Reading: anemia

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

This medication effectively relieves the cravings for alcohol.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 30

This drug is remarkable. It is as if that piece of my brain that motivated me to drink has been shut off. I remember the feelings of wanting to drink, but cannot "feel" them anymore--kind of like remembering what it is like to be hungry but not feeling hungry. Only hassle is having to take it 3x day--mid-day dose is easy to forget.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 21

After 20+ years of drinking, 10 years of passing out almost every night, I went through treatment and go to AA and supplement with Campral. The difference this time is Campral took away my cravings.

Comment from: BigLar1947, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 15

The only side effect I have noticed is an increase of ringing in my ears. Im not sure but I think this drug helps best with the physical side effects of alcoholism. My addiction is more the mental and emotional craving for mental numbness. I have used it to self medicate my depression for years.

Related Reading: alcoholism | depression

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 29

I find it very effective in reducing cravings. If I even TRY to fantisize my old thoughts, there is no interest any longer. Somewhat difficult for me to remember to take it at the same time every day.

Comment from: Jerry, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 24

The directions for this drug say that one should be alcohol free befor taking this drug but does not say for how long. I'm a 25 year drinker who has had 3 to 4 Scotches per night for years, More on week ends. Drinking to this point has not had a negative effect on my life. I just no that I must quit because it can't be good to drink that much!!! I started Campral on Wed. and Thursday because I work 12 hour days and figured that by the time Friday night rolled around that I have 9 doses in me. It has been over a week now and I havn't had one drop. Sunday was diffacult for me as I'm off the hole day and thaught about drinking often. This drug has helped me a lot. The only side effect was some dizzyness the first couple of days. I'm also taking prozak and if anything they mix well together!! Hope that this rating halps someone!!!