Campral User Reviews

Campral - User Reviews

Campral User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Campral sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ipswich4, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 23

This drug has worked superbly, I still enjoy the pub but find it easy to drink non alcoholic drinks whilst others drink alcohol in front of me - I have no desire to join them ,I have taking it for 2 months now .It will be interesting to see if my cravings return when I stop taking the drug . I have no side affects whatsoever . I used to drink at least two bottles of wine everyday and had done for many years .

Comment from: soberati, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 11

I started taking the full dose of Campral 3 weeks ago. It definitely reduced cravings, but I still slipped a few times mostly because I missed the lifestyle not alcohol itself. After the first full week I became nauseous and vomited a few times plus diarrhea and related GI symptoms. The doc cut the dose in half and that eliminated most of the symptoms except watery stools. I began to crave a normal BM in the second week and stopped it entirely intending to go back on once my stomach cleared up. The cravings came back right away and I slipped. I do go to meetings and outpatient rehab. Had a really bad problem with getting drunk. Went back on it before having a real satisfying solid BM and within the first dose noticed a reduction in cravings. Haven't drank since. I wish there was an alternative that didn't give me these side effects or a dietary way of counteracting them, but until I find one or the other its worth it to be so utterly relieved of cravings. Not everyone experiences side effects so don't be alarmed by my experience if you are reading this in order to decide if you want to try it.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 12

this is a wonder drug- have been 4.5 months sober once I finally decided to get myself to AA along with taking Campral. only side effect i have noticed is increase in gassiness. you can take this and still drink- it just won't work. for the commenters who complained that it "didn't work" because they still drank- you have to stop drinking yourself first and then let campral take care of lessening the cravings.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: July 17

I have had 10 monthes with no cravings or desire to drink. Campral has given me my life back.

Comment from: Cozort, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 06

This is a wonder drug this completely removed my cravings for alcohol, have had a little runny stool but nothing too severe this really does relieve the cravings.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

I missed a dose at lunch the other day and could tell very quickly--cravings started and I went home from work and took my meds and was okay in about 30 minutes. I am in therapy and going to AA every nite. The meetings also help....This medicine will not work if you cannot control the mental wanting of the alcohol! The wanting to escape your daily life.

Comment from: akirk09, 35-44 (Patient) Published: October 19

I have had a great experience with this drug. I have been taking it for 3 months. I have had no urge to drink and its very easy to swallow. I am a recovering alcoholic and if I didn't stop I would have died. I say anyone who suffers this incurable but manageable disease, talk to your doctor about it.

Comment from: lahhi, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 09

After 15 years of having alcohol every night....I have not had a problem with cravings with this medicine!!! I never thought I could do it! I am also in counseling but am so thankful for this medication!

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 12

22 year old male, suffering from alcoholism for 6 years. been through detox 5 times, rehab twice. have to say this drug has helped me the most out of any of the other medications i have been on. the only reason why it didnt work, was because i stopped taking it. i suggest this drug to anyone who is in or is considering treatment for alcoholism. the first week i started back on * about 2 weeks ago* no cravings, no urges to drink, the thought of course came around occasionally, but the temptation and frustration of wanting to drink wasnt there, which felt amazing. the side affects i've experienced were some discomfort in stool, but thats it. fantastic drug. even if i was told it was a placebo, i'd still take it =) its worked that well for me. and i will still continue to stay on this medication.

Comment from: joecool, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 02

Completely took the craving for alcohol away feel good mentally but physically Im having alot of joint pain. Makes me pee alot. Have been up in night 3-4 times. Been on it about 45 days still no cravings. Want to know what happens when someone goes off it and how do you come off it