Campral User Reviews

Campral - User Reviews

Campral User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Campral sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: looksandradee@yahoo.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 06

non addictive , so far, would lkie to know more about long term side effects,. HOW HAS THIS DRUG BEEN TESTED, AND ON WHAT? HOW MANY YRS has it been on the market, in the us? myself personally is working quite well for drinking, however it seems verry costly,

Comment from: free, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 30

I drank for 40 years when I finally decided that I was tired of feeling like I was going to die. I checked myself in to a hospital with a rehab unit and stayed there for 7 days, without any kind of withdrawal symptons, amazingly. On the last day, the doctor asked me if I would like to try campral; I think it was relatively new at that time. I started taking campral and haven't had a drink in five years and don't even crave it. All my friends and my doctor can't believe that I was able to do it! Thank God for campral and the doctor who prescribed it!

Comment from: barneywsp, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 25

My name is ____ and I'm an alcoholic. Campral will get you out of the hole, but AA will keep you out. We suffer from a disease of body, mind, and spirit. Campral worked during my "white-knuckle" days of recovery to ease my mental obsession with alcohol. Once the physical craving was gone (about 5 days after last drink) I believe this drug calmed obsession, moodswing and discontent. I still take Cymbalta, but only used Campral for 30 days. By turning my will over to God, asking Him to remove my obsession, WORKING the 12 steps of AA, and getting a sponsor, I have achieved the longest period of sobriety ever. Whatever works for you is wonderful. I HATE this damn disease and hope everyone can find serenity. Campral and most importantly, Alcoholics Anonymous has worked for me.

Related Reading: Cymbalta

Comment from: pta1, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 13

I've been using Campral 6 months for my binge drinking. Have fallen off wagon twice. Don't have strong cravings anymore unless I'm in a situation surrounded by alcohol and other drinkers. However, I am not seeing a councelor and may need to to get the full benefit of the drug. Haven't noticed any side effects.