Canasa User Reviews

Canasa - User Reviews

Canasa User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Canasa sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: abbey, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 18

uncontrolled diarrhea about six months after radiation including two internal high dose treatments. radiation was used after surgery for grade three uterine cancer. momements more regular and soft formed and not as many. till afraid to travel any distance.

Related Reading: diarrhea | uterine cancer

Comment from: Debbie, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 09

I have had some slight abdominal discomfort and headaches for about a week but otherwise it has helped tremendously with my Proctitus and it has cleared up my symptoms within a couple of days of my first dosage.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 04

Had intense urgency issues and excessive gas with anal leakage prior to taking this drug. After 1 week of use, my symptoms drastically subsided. After using it for 4 weeks, went back to my doctor, who said the manufacturer recommends an initial use of 6 weeks, so have continued to use canasa for another 2 weeks. My symptoms have virtually disappeared with no side effects now, other than a little gas (not painful) approximately 3 hours after use with a small oily discharge only once, after the initial discharge of gas. Much better than the alternative!

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

I got diagnosed with UC a few months back. At first it worked right away. I was absolutely amazed at not having any symptoms or sudden urges to go to the bathroom. I took a month's supply and ran out before I had my follow-up appointment. My symptoms came back and was put back on Canasa a couple of weeks later. It worked for about a week. I ran into a stressful situation and the symptoms came back the next week. I'm hoping the disease hasn't crept up more into the colon. Things have been a little better this week.

Comment from: cardinal, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 14

This medication worked great for me but I had a hard time inserting the suppository due to disabilies. I finally found a way to use them by using a vaginal applicator for yeast infections. I don't know why someone doesn't invent an applicator for rectal supp. All in all the medicine worked wonders.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 30

I've been using this for about two years now and it works great for me. I take lialda and fiber daily which has controlled my flare ups a lot more than Assacol but I do still get very mild flare ups and the canasa 1000mg clears it up right away. it does give me gas in the mornings and I'm bloated all day but ill take that any day over pain and living in the bathroom.

Related Reading: lialda

Comment from: brooksll, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 29

Its been a week now since i've been taking this medication. Most of my problems have gone away. I'm getting and feeling better. I still have alot more of the medication to take, so i'm expecting a full recovery. no side effects!!

Comment from: frannykt, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 27

ulcerative proctitis, this has been amazing! I have been using it off and on for a year. I wish I had been taking it regularly before I had a flare up, but within 1-2 weeks I was through it. My doctor recommended I start with 2 daily and then move to once a day. I think consistency is key. I haven't noticed any side effects because my symptoms previously were so bad (hard to tell what is UC related and what is drug related). I now feel confident enough to travel and live my normal life.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 14

I have been on this medicine for 5 weeks. At first I didn't think it was working so I stopped for three days and found out it had helped. I hope within the next month I will see a big difference.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 05

I was diagnosed with Proctitis almost 9 months ago. I had been suffering for over 6 months. I was afraid to be more than 10 feet from a bathroom. After a week of taking the medication I was feeling normal again and could resume my travel schedule. Life goes on ... I recommend this drug for anyone with Proctitis, or similar symptoms.