Canasa User Reviews

Canasa - User Reviews

Canasa User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Canasa sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ruth, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 04

The results are good, but the medicine is so very expensive to use on a daily bases.

Comment from: baba522, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 07

I have been using Canasa for 18 days since being diagonosed fro colitis. I have for the past 2 days experianced a rash and itching, and a headache! I suppose I am the rare few of users since that is what I ahave read. I will be contacting my doctor tommorow and am not going to continue using this medication!

Related Reading: colitis | rash | itching

Comment from: Instyle, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 13

I just started using this drug after being on azulfadine for almost 20 years. My doctor that this method and drug would focus more on my symptons. My condition was manable with the azulf. but I still experiened flare-ups. So he wanted to try this. IM going to give a while longer, right now its only be 2 weeks; but the side effects of cramps and stomach upset are killing me; and its all day. I going to stick it out. Maybe trying to take at night instead of in the morning. I have no problem with leakage or odor., none at all., but its just the cramps. I will check back for an update. Maybe my body needs to ajdust. I apprecited the GAS-X recommendtion , I will try that. But it seems to work as far as reducing flare-up, but I can focus on whether its working or not because of the cramps. I will let you know. and I appreciated any input from others with similar symptons. Take care

Comment from: n/a, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 30

I have found that the leakage from the suppository is very unpleasant, and the odor of the suppository repulsive. I also have gas and have to wear a super maxi pad to make sure it doesn't get on my clothes or underwear (this to avoid others smelling me). I'm trying to tough it out for the month prescribed, but it won't be easy.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 27

Ihave had bouts of ulcerative colitis for about 30 years. Flair ups occur about once every 3 years and last for about 1 month. Generally, the prescription has been prednisone (20mg tapering off to 5 mg) and asacol. These didn't seem to help with my latest attack. Started Canasa after 1.5 months without relief from other drugs. After 2 doses, all symptoms went away. Not very pleasant using a suppository but drug worked wonderfully.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 25

Had mucous, bleeding, gas and too many trips to the bathroom. After colonscopy, I was diagnosed with localized inflammation of the lower colon. This drug worked great for the six weeks that my Dr. prescribed, but about a week after I stopped using it my symptoms started coming back. Now I take it every night to keep the inflammation in check and have been doing so for about a year. Luckily I don't seem to have any side effects but it is a pain in the ass (literally) to have to take this night after night.

Comment from: chris, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 26

I've had ulcerative proctitis for 10 years. And this drug does work but but the side effects are bad. I have dizzyness and very nauseated from the canasa.