Carafate Tablets User Reviews

Carafate Tablets - User Reviews

Carafate Tablets User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Carafate Tablets sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Albus, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 11

I have GERD and IBS and have a lot of indigestion and pressure in my chest. This medication has helped tremendously. It takes about 2 weeks for the full effect of the medication, so be patient!

Related Reading: indigestion

Comment from: Ruby, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

I had ulcers years ago and was treated with carafate and healed both of them. I have been diagnosed with gastritis and being treated with prilosec otc but am looking for a cure. Could I cure gastritis with Carafate?

Related Reading: carafate | gastritis | prilosec

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 17

I had pain in my stomach that my gastroenterologis could not diagnose as to what caused the extreme pain. I tried all the usual stomach medications and they never helped. Finally he put me on Sucralfate and my pain has cleared up completely. I used to take it before every meal, but now after a year of taking it before meals, I only take it first thing in the morning. This drug is a miracle to me. I highly recommend it for any type of stomach pain.

Comment from: relicsssm, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 17

Hard to take so it does not interfere with other medications

Comment from: puppynana@cox.net, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 01

I am trying to get info. abt this drug with alcahol, as I drink wine "On Occasion" and only when my gerd is in control. Now I'm having many pbms. swallowing, I have to cut pill in half to swallow, then it is hard to do, very hard to swallow. I was told that I have a Birth defect in my Esophagous, now I can't even swallow food sm'times. My Insurance won't let me buy the liquid form, as it is $$$$. Please help!!!!

Comment from: ed, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 04

can not get off the toilet.... go every 30 minutes

Comment from: sandarella, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 23

Husband has hiatial hernia so Dr. prescribed to help with the pain and to help heal it when it flares up. Seems to help but takes a few days to work. Hard to take 1 hour before eating but can be taken 1 hour after also which is usually what he does. He takes in conjunction with an acid reducer which seems to help more.

Related Reading: hernia

Comment from: redheadclipper, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 23

I have choking symptoms due to acid reflux it can get pretty bad and I use this drug to calm my esophagus and the choking goes away in 10 to 15 minutes. I have been on this since 2003. Recently my daughter started to take this drug for her reflux disease. She found relief within days. I use liquid for rapid results and she uses the pill form for her symptoms.

Comment from: Goldie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 22

Had sore thoat due to severe nitetime reflux - Carafate soothed the esophegus, my sore throat healed and my reflux was at bay enabling me to sleep.

Related Reading: sore throat | sleep

Comment from: ChevyMan1976, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 16

I have a hiatal hernia and GERD. My stomach pain was severe, so my doctor prescribed Carafate to take with my Nexium. I've been taking the medicine for a week and it has greatly reduced my reflux and stomach pain. I can actually sleep lying down now. Hopefully it will help my erosions in my stomach heal faster. I have not noticed any adverse side effects except for the dry mouth. That is more tolerated than the stomach pain by far.

Related Reading: hiatal hernia | Nexium | dry mouth