Carafate Tablets User Reviews

Carafate Tablets - User Reviews

Carafate Tablets User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Carafate Tablets sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: carolynalady@yahoo.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 18

I have been on this medication for the past 2 months, taking it 3x a day. I have a hiatel hernia and my esophogas was distressed from acid reflux every nite. Since taking the drug, I am free of acid reflux and the damage to my esophogas has healed.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

I WAS JUST DIAGNOSED WITH AN ULCER IN MY SMALL INTESTINE AND AM NOW TAKING CARAFATE 4 TIMES DAILY. AFTER EXPERIENCING PAIN AND VOMITING...THIS MEDICATION HAS TRULY BEEN A SAVIOR!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

Comment from: Xenasis, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

After being in severe pain with vomiting for over three months I was finally diagnosed with an ulcer. I found out it was a common occurance with Gastric Bypass but mine had been 3 years earlier and this ulcer was a good size. The doctor decided to try carafax and after two weeks of taking it faithfully I began to notice a difference. Following a diet and taking the medication as directed my pain has decreased as has the vomiting. I'm only three weeks into treatment but so far so good.

Comment from: Happy to Feel Better, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 11

I was diagnosed with gastris, esophogitis and a hiatal hernia. I was prescribed this medication and have been taking it for 3 weeks and I feel so much better. No more feeling like my food is getting stuck in my chest or nausea/gas. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Comment from: Karenda318, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 09

I have ulcers in the esophagus and stomach (several) and this medication has help some. I just wish the taste was something better. Maybe like a flavor adder or something.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

just started taking it

Comment from: Liz, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 01

I have had Psoriatic Arthritis since age 28, and my rheumatologist prescribed Carafate after my first year on NSAIDs, which were already irritating my stomach. For 23 years, it has prevented an ulcer. I feel it has done me much good since I've had to take NSAIDs so long in order to walk and work.

Related Reading: Psoriatic Arthritis | NSAIDs

Comment from: Duramax76, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 06

I was diagnosed in 2003 with severe GERD. My Dr. prescribed Nexium 40mg twice a day. The Nexium helped and I was able to go to once a day. I found out a month ago my gallbladder had "sludge" in it and it had to be removed. My heartburn came back worse than before. My Dr. prescribed the liquid Carafate to take with Nexium. It has worked wonders for the reflux. I can actually sleep in bed now. Haven't noticed any side effects except for dry mouth. Great medicine.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: kanson, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

started a week ago wonderful .highly recommended

Comment from: Jess, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 09

I just started Taking it two days now an have noticed a huge Difference I am so excited not to feel that acid burning an lump that just would never go away

Comment from: RickB, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

In the 5 days that I have used this at bedtime, I have noticed a marked improvement in the condition. Highly recommended.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

I just got diagnosed with medicine induced esophagitis from my antibiotic i was taking. Just started taking it today and its already a little better. I had it flavored at my pharmacy so it actually doesnt taste bad now.

Related Reading: esophagitis