Carbatrol User Reviews

Carbatrol - User Reviews

Carbatrol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Carbatrol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: donsdarlin11307@yahoo.com, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 20

I am so tired! Fatigue. Persistant sore throat. The capsules are too damned BIG!!! At least Tegretol was easier to swallow. I am also a lot more on edge and anger easier. I am not that type of person. I am generally layed back and easy to get along with. Not so with this drug. I was told Carbatrol has FEWER side effects than Tegretol. News Flash! I have NO side effects with Tegretol, and am having ALL SORTS of side effects with this damned Carbatrol!

Related Reading: Fatigue | sore throat | Tegretol

Comment from: lou z, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 15

I use this drug for Trigeminal Neuralgia on the left side of my face and find it does stop the pain. But, I'm having to increase the dosage to 4,5 or 6 times a day depending on the severity of the pain. I don't know what causes the nerve to act up but I have bouts of pain every so often. I usually find that 3 pills a day work for me but when the nerve decides to act up I use up to 6 a day with my doctor's permission of course. I hope this drug works for others with Trigeminal Neuralgia which is a very very painful condition. Good luck.

Related Reading: Trigeminal Neuralgia

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 10

I have been taking this medication for the better part of my life. It does stop the seizures even if you miss one dose. The only problem that I have is the mood swings, irregular monthly cycles, some what drowsy and the water weight gain. The other major side effects like liver problems haven't really affected me. Over all this medication does the job for 11 years.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: Carbatrol, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 25

I've had great success with this drug. I was having frequent Grand Mal seizures. Now they occur once every 3 yrs. I'm satified . The only problem i seem to have is, that it's affecting my eyesight. I'm having other side effects with the drug but my eyes are are the most important to me.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 14

Works very well on trigeminal nerve pain.

Comment from: michael, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 17

changing to this drug gave me back my motivation and drive that have been gone due to other meds

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 03

seizure FREE for 16 years

Related Reading: seizure

Comment from: bestiscc, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 16

I am very satisfied with carbatrol. I have 6-8 seizures per year, as apposed to the 2-3 monthly seizures I once was expirencing! Ths medication is very effective in regards to seizure control but it may be strippng me of the vitamin biotin - hair and scalp appear to be dry.

Related Reading: carbatrol

Comment from: annie105, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 25

i am taking this medication for bipolar disorder but it makes me more tried and anious

Related Reading: bipolar disorder

Comment from: cassie, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

this medication has been really good as in helping me with my bipolar, i take a pill at bedtime which is easy. however it does make me real drowsy after taking.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.