Carbatrol User Reviews

Carbatrol - User Reviews

Carbatrol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Carbatrol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: TB, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 25

I suffer from Bipolar and have been resistent to antipsychotics and antidepressiants. Since taking Carbatrol my modd swings have been less frequent and less severe. When i get mood swings they are no where near as violent and quick and are shorter. Currently trying a different antipsychotic to help control my symptoms 100% But without my carbatrol id probably be in a mental home right now.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 01

Even though this medication has worked for me for the past eight years I have had some sideeffects. My mood constanly changes (actually thought I was experiencing some mental illness).

Related Reading: mental illness

Comment from: NPW, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 27

I have suffered with facial nerve pain for the last 13 years dew to TMJ surgery. A screw from one of the plates is hitting a nerve. When I get a sinus infection the pain is so bad I can just scream. I have been on Lyrica and I have taken every kind of pain pill from davacet, Lortab, vicadon ect.... And I have been to all kind of doctors. Finally last year a neurologist put me on Carbatrol. This medicatio has helped me so much. I think I would not have made it another year with out some relief. Carbatrol has saved my life. I take 400mg in the morning and 4oomg at night and this seems to be woking well. I have had no serious side effects so far. Praise the Lord something has finally helped.

Related Reading: sinus infection | Lyrica

Comment from: bestiscc, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 19

Constant improvement in seizures

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 02

nightmares when i sleep

Related Reading: nightmares | sleep

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 03

I have had this seizure for more then 10yrs now, and this Carbatrol is better because i do not have take to many pills i take 2 a day at 300mg a pill and that is good for me. Yes i have put on some weigth but that can be work off.

Comment from: Vicki, 45-54 (Patient) Published: February 21

After trying other seizure meds that left me feeling zombied out or aggitaed and wanting to hurt people wow this one really works. Litterly no side effects for me. I am now clear headed and seizure free. What a blessing. some of the newer seizure meds were way to potent.

Comment from: Belinda, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 24

I have been on this medicine for about 12 years and it has worked great where other medicines have not. I have lost some hearing which now I have learned is a side effect.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 06

When this medication is used properly, it is extremely effective.

Comment from: lorianne, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 04

I have had problems with dizziness, double-vision and an increase in the medication is required to maintain the same control.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 01

use for TN the medication works great but i hate the side effects which are slurred speech, confusion, blurry vision, sometimes the meds make me feel like i'm slow and and i foreget things real quick but i rather the side effects than the TN pain.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.