Cardizem CD User Reviews

Cardizem CD - User Reviews

Cardizem CD User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cardizem CD sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Atrial fib, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 27

Took 120mg CD for a year after a-fib and had no other attacks until I recently went back into the hospital with the same. Dr. raised it to 240mg which lowered D&S BP by 25 points each and stopped the irregular heart beat. Slightly lethargic as I was when first getting on it, but got adjusted to it after about six weeks. I suppose it will again take some time. I also raised concern about label warning as I take Zocor, but Dr. assures me no conflict with the two meds.

Related Reading: Zocor

Comment from: Marlin, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 09

Although it is a once a day medication, it has failed to drop my BP even ten points, high or low.

Comment from: Mazy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 30

I have been taking Cardizem CD for 2 months. It seemed to work at first but now I am retaining water really badly in my legs, hands and feet. I'm calling my doctor today.

Related Reading: Cardizem CD

Comment from: cardizem, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 27

I took Cardizem for the first time recently and suffered some side effects that I was not aware of because I had not read about them any where prior to taking it. They were bloating or swelling of my stomach area and terrible insomnia. It would not let me sleep! I got my doctor to take me off this drug. Beware!

Related Reading: Cardizem | insomnia | sleep

Comment from: kek, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 16

Left ankle and foot swelled so much by early evening I no longer had an arch to my foot. It hurt so bad I could not walk on it.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 13

HAIR LOSS. WEIGHT GAIN, NAUSEA. FLUSHING

Related Reading: HAIR LOSS

Comment from: nana, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 17

My blood pressure was 210/140 when they started me on this med. Within 3 days it was under control and now I take it daily. If I forget a dose at the correct time, my pressure will start to go up.

Comment from: KIZMET50@AOL.COM, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 04

I HAVE FOUND A MILKY TASTE IN MY MOUTH LIKE ANOTHER PERSON AND NAUSEA . AFTER SPENDING HOURS ON PC FOUND ...CHANNEL BLOCKERS CAN CAUSE " GASTROPARESIS " WHICH IS WHAT I NOW HAVE. I'M GOING BACK TO BETA BLOCKER . USING PREVACID, PRIOLOSEC, GINGER , GINGER ALE, WHITE CRACKERS ALL FOR NAUSEA .CHANNEL BLOCKERS ARE NOT AS GOOD FOR HIGH b/p AS BETA , AFTER CHECKING MAYO CLINIC, JOHN'S HOPKINS HOSP. AND OTHER PATIENTS WITH THESE SYMPTOMS WHILE ON CHANNEL BLOCKERS LIKE " CARDIZEM " . HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE !!!!!

Related Reading: GASTROPARESIS | PREVACID

Comment from: elephant003, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 03

no problems, complications or side effects

Comment from: arleen, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 14

This medicine was used because my heart racing, I used it about 5 days and notice, I feel very sleepy and tired during the day,and also I gave me a milkey taste in my mouth.

Comment from: tishamarie07, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 23

I have been on Cardizem for about 2months for high BP, fast heart rate and palpations. I haven't noticed a big difference at all my BP is still 140/90 to 145/100. Still having palpations too. My doctor also prescribed me Metoprolol. I have heard I should not take a calcium channel blocker with a beta blocker but my doctor says it is ok...still no decrease in symptoms.