Cardizem LA User Reviews

Cardizem LA - User Reviews

Cardizem LA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cardizem LA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: DogGirl, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 13

What a nightmare. I was on Azor, a combination of calcium channel blocker and it would make my already pounding heart race faster and harder. Instant bad headache. Twinging pains up my neck, into my head. Sometimes this frightening pulling sensation in my head. Chills but my pits would sweat! I would lie in bed feeling the next heartbeat was going to be the last. Oh, and my blood pressure was registering at 170/100! I was switched to Cardizem LA, also a CCB. Similar results again. CCBs must not be for me. I just popped my first Atenolol, a beta blocker.

Related Reading: Azor | headache | Cardizem LA

Comment from: t2cute40, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 04

this medication has worked for me perfectly..UNLESS i do not take it at bedtime. I have in the beginning experienced rapid heart palpatations..and major chest distress..its the kind of medication that cannot be stopped unless the doctor slowly brings u off of it. Its a wonderful medicine for high blood pressure, BUT, the side affects by missing one day without it can be unnerving.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: hsamb2, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 14

I took Cardizem LA for a month and gradually spiralled toward - generally felt bad, headaches, confusion, depression. Then a total melt-down ending in uncontrollable tears. Doctor stopped it and I returned to normal in 3 days. But there was a really amazing side effect. Although not a nervous person at all, I am an habitual nail-biter. When taking Cardizem LA I stopped biting my fingernails and had the most beautiful, strongest nails imaginable. When it cleared my system, I went back to my old habit despite my efforts not to. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else. But I must add that I seem to be particularly sensitive to medications even those that cause no problems for others. Finally got my blood pressure under control with Atenolol.

Related Reading: depression | Cardizem | Atenolol

Comment from: peanut, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 30

my husband is taking it for hypertension he can not take most bloodpressure meds he is allergic to sulfa that most have.He is also on Lisinopril 20mg they are not working he still has high bloodpressure.

Comment from: none, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 06

I take for high blood pressure and heart arrythmia. It has worked well, but I still experience some breakthrough arrythmia from time to time. I do get swelling of the feet and ankles. I also now take H2O pills to control it. I do get occasional dizziness but over all, it saved my sanity from the arrythmias.

Related Reading: H2O | dizziness

Comment from: lulu, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 28

I have been taking this drug for 1 month. lasr night and today I am experiencing rash - itching swelling - legs ankles feet

Related Reading: rash | itching

Comment from: lcarso12010@peoplepc.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 04

this medication was prescribed after I could not tolerate metoprolol and bystolic. today is two weeks that I have been taking the cardizem. The last three days I have been experiencing pain on right side in muscle in my neck and shoulder. It is becoming more and more uncomfortable. I have never had this before. the only meds I take are aspirin and omega 3 fish oil capsiles.

Related Reading: aspirin

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 10

My 16yr old son takes this med for esophogus spasms. Food gets stuck in his esophogus and this med relaxes the delicate esophogus muscles to allow food to pass. He must take it at bed time due to dizziness. Works wonderfull! And he never wants to forget it or hes a mess.