Cardizem User Reviews

Cardizem - User Reviews

Cardizem User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cardizem sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: djwm1956, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 15

This med has done 2 things for me lowered my blood presure and stopped my rapid heart beat.

Comment from: mz, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 17

it's a pain to take four times a day,when you have to wake up early in the morning and try to take it half asleep.

Comment from: DHart, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 21

Since I have been on Cardizem I am continually fighting bladder infections & the burning associated with a baldder infection. Has anyone experienced this? My Dr doesn't think my problem & the medicine are linked. I stopped taking it for a week and my problem went away. It slowed my heart rate but did nothing for my BP

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: November 23

been on this for about 10yr and has done wonders for me had heart rate of 160 and is normal now take topral XL for bp seems to be doing fine

Comment from: rose, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 29

my heart rate drops to 38 or 40 beats every afternoon. the rate goes up later in the pm.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 08

This is the only drug (cardizem cd) that lowered my BP, heart rate,and my lifetime pain from migraine headaches. It was not prescribed for my migraines. My migraines did stop however when I began taking cardizem cd for my BP and heart rate. When the migraines (had them even as a child), it was like God had finally reach out and touched me! The migraines had been horrible.I've beenon the drug for some time now.

Related Reading: cardizem cd | migraine

Comment from: jerryinoz, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 17

To those who say they are having severe leg pain on this drug --- yes indeed! This medication and all others in the same class can cause severe leg and muscle problems. If this happens to you contact your doctor immediately. You need to be off it! I am having severe problems with dizziness, extreme tiredness and weakness since being put on Cardizem. I will stop taking it ASAP. This is the third calcium channel blocker my cardiologist has tried and I am not able to take any of them. I was much better without it. So, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Comment from: walker, 75 or over on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 26

dizzy leg swell

Comment from: Shore, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 12

MY doctor prescribed this med after neck surgery. I was having difficulty swallowing my 300mg capsules (CD). Due to post-op swelling, I crushed these pills in ice cream to take them. The CD cannot be crushed. Took until swelling went down, then went back on cardizem CD 300mg daily. This pill saved me when I could not swallow.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 14

Lowered my B/P quickly but body aches and leg cramps remain a problem.

Comment from: lemdeb, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 06

had strange dreams, terrible night time leg and foot cramps and swelling of feet and ankles..Dr. changed my meds today and put me on something else. Had no idea these side effects were reelated at all to this drug until today.Tired all the time also.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 03

I experienced a flushed face, severe edema around my eyes,and in my hands and feet, and itching (hives) on my neck, arms and legs.

Related Reading: edema | itching | hives