Cardura User Reviews

Cardura - User Reviews

Cardura User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cardura sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Gaudium, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 06

Doctors tried many drugs to lower by BP without success. I was placed on a 2 mg dose of Cardura. After my first dose of Cardura my pressure dropped from 190/94 to 116/60. I was weak and tired for about a week then life returned to normal. The Daily 2 mg dose of Cardura maintained my BP for almost two years, pressure increased to 180/88 and again doctors attempted to lower it with many other drugs without success. My Cardura was increased to 4 mg each day and my pressure lowered to 136/76. I have some of the side effects listed by others including edema of the lower legs but would rather have the side effects than be deceased. Just a note to the record I am also taking a combination of drugs for the control of my blood pressure this combination fails the minute Cardura is withdrawn.

Related Reading: Cardura | edema

Comment from: tjoan33, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 04

My symptoms when I started were headachs, insomnia,and incresed droseness This inproved when taken during the day.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: Gaudium, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 27

Watch out during your first dose, my pressure dropped from 188/110 to 90/60 in 20 minutes. This was not a problem in later doses.

Comment from: EMERSON2D, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 21

I have been on 4 other HBP medications prior to the Cardura. Not working to lower, so doc added Cardura. This is probably the worst med I've been put on----- Side effects are horrendous, ie. Extreme dizziness, nausea, insomnia, and extreme lethargy and overall bad feeling. And no lowering of HBP.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: newmiccat, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 03

Medication appears to do nothing even in combination with other BP meds.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 06

I have been on 4mg of Cardura for over 10 years. I stopped and my BP elevated but returned to normal after startin again. I was told that this medication in addition to controlling my BP was to help in limiting the number of times I need to urinate in the evening.

Comment from: joyce, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 26

I have been taking this med for several weeks and I now have a burning sensation in my mouth and throughout my body. Can this be from the Cardura?

Comment from: brokenold48, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 30

My BP was going up on Cozaar and HCTZ after three years so this was added at 1mg. So far my BP is in check and I am urinating better too. No side effects noticed so far after one month.

Related Reading: Cozaar

Comment from: eleazer, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 02

cardura is a dangerous drug for me. dr. wants to lower edema in ankles and lower blood pressure. in fact it has lowered edema, but created new pain in groin and testes; last night my blood pressure went to 199, with 4 mg dose in am and 4mg dose in pm.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 07

since my cardura was increased from 4mgs i have been having swollen feet had anyone else?

Comment from: dartonman, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 03

I have real issues with this med, it does not last as long as it should, and my hbp is still not under control...Im not a fan of this med, and will be consulting doctor for other choices