Cardura User Reviews

Cardura - User Reviews

Cardura User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cardura sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Big D, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 22

It has been very effective for me for over 10 years, but now I have a low heart rate of 46-48 and my cardiologist took me off of it. I am 66 years old.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 24

my blood pressure is better regulated, but I hava swollen ankles

Comment from: gemdr, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

I Feel more dizzy than before. I also have blurred vision. anyone else have this? 4mg.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 10

I have been taking candesartan for 2 years, but my blood pressure has recently risen. I was prescribed 1mg doxazosin to use with the candesartan. I suffer from epilepsy which is controlled. I took one tablet only and had a seizure that same evening. I read all the drug information in the leaflet and searched the internet before taking doxazosin, but no mention was made regarding epilepsy. I have spoken to my usual pharmacist and understand that this will be reported.

Related Reading: seizure

Comment from: deano, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 25

Taking for both HBP and prostate. After only 1 month it has affected my sexual desire, ability to maintain an erection, caused a dry mouth, sleepiness, fatigue, and heart palpitations. After about 2 weeks, I have also developed a persistent dry cough.

Related Reading: sexual | dry mouth | fatigue

Comment from: pete, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 07

Swelling in legs and feet

Comment from: beanlover22, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 10

I was taking terazosin for my BP:H, but my doctor switched me over to cardura and boy that was a godsend! I only take it at night once daily (because it drops your blood pressure quickly) and I wake up feeling fine! I used to have to get up 5-6 times per night with the terazosin, but I'm going to stick with Cardura for a very long time!

Comment from: justfeathers, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 14

I am not sure that it was this drug that has caused his problem's today, but I am not giving him this drug tomorrow until I consult with his doctor. Within an hour after taking his first pill he became sweaty, confused, pale, low BP, labored resporations and low pulse. He has other conditions that could contribute to this, such as diabetes, but his blood surgar was 121, so that was ruled out as a contributing factor. These symptoms has continued throughout the day in a lesser degree. Putting into mind his medical condition, and the fact that the only new medication he has taken in this drug, I feel confident in questioning this drug until I speek to his Primary Care, and his Cardiologist, before continuing treatment.

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: pcpleathercraft, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 17

with Cardura i can pee----without it i can't

Comment from: vair 13, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 16

will have seed surgery for prostate cancer this week so far so good dry mouth, dizzyness at times seems to calm me [lower BP ?]

Related Reading: prostate cancer

Comment from: noscreenname, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 02

Did not notice advertised dizziness, etc. Ramped at 1MG to 2MG to 4MG. 2MG seemed OK short term, 4MG had issues. 4MG completely negated and reversed Androgel treatment for low testosterone, also getting up 2-3 times during the night to urinate. Backed off to 2MG per Dr. At 2MG long term noticed I wake up with "long lasting" hard erection. I also usually sleep through the night w/2MG. All dosages, noticed drowsy-groggy when waking up, slow to wake. Will consult Dr and probably stop treatment. Possibly back to Flomax.

Related Reading: Androgel | low testosterone | sleep