Casodex User Reviews

Casodex - User Reviews

Casodex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Casodex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: StevieT, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 20

After taking 150mg per day for six months, it lowered my PSA from 7 to below l. It gave me hot flashes and tenderness in the breast area.

Related Reading: hot flashes | breast

Comment from: StevieT, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I have been taking Casodex 150mg. on and off for 2 years. My PSA drops below l and then goes back up when I stop taking it. The side affects are not good, but tolerable. I have hot flashes, loss of hair under my arms and on my legs, decreased sex drive and a slight loss of energy. I am still able to work out the Fitness Center, swim and play golf.

Related Reading: Casodex | Fitness

Comment from: hwlaf, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 18

I have been on Lupron every 4 months and casedex every now and then. Casedex takes my psa down to .07 from 255. When I am off, it increases, then I take it and it decreases. I don't know how long this can go on before one becomes immune to it. Side effects are worth it. Mostly breast enlargement and some itching, but lotion works.

Related Reading: Lupron | itching

Comment from: jdudley58, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 12

Lowered my PSA from 23 to 0.43. Been on for about 10 weeks. Makes me tired no energy for work. Wake up 3-4 times a night. Urine output has double. Drug is doing it's job.

Comment from: Sam, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 26

I had no serious side effects.Coincidently, or not, I required major periodontal surgery during my treatment period, due to significant bone loss. A previous reviewer had mentioned "loss of teeth" as possible side effect.

Comment from: rabbit, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 25

I have been taking this medication for approximately 6 months along with zoladex shots every 3 months. The side effects are the killer. I have no energy and get extremely weak at times along with hot flashes all the time.

Related Reading: zoladex

Comment from: poppa, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 13

Been on this drug for 9 months along with hormone injections every 3 months and the drug avodart also. A three sided attack. Previously had hormone and radiation for 9weeks, cancer spread after that. Psa was up to 17 in a few months. Since taking casodex along with the other treatments PSA has gone immediatly to under 1. Very tired all the time, gained weight and freq urination but my numbers are down. It's better than the alternative.

Related Reading: avodart | cancer

Comment from: poacher, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 14

I have taking an oral dosage of 50 mg per day for the last 6 weeks. Starting 1 week ago, I starting having an itching sensation in both of my lower arms. Today, it is getting more severe and I am stopping the medication and consulting my physician. I do not know of the drugs effectiveness at this time. The oral medication is easy to use but with the constanting itching I am experiencing,I quite dissatisfied with my experience.

Comment from: lovemydad, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 29

My father is 89 & has multiple serious medical conditions. He has been on 50 mg daily of Casodex, plus a Lupron injection once every 4 months. His numbers are fantastic. But my mom & dad are going broke from the treatment. And my father is all of a sudden losing his teeth. Another fortune. We don't know if it has anything to do with the treatment. Has anyone experienced tooth loss?

Cancer