Catapres User Reviews

Catapres - User Reviews

Catapres User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Catapres sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: March 28

I have suffered terribly from hot flashes and interupted sleep. This medication beginning with the first dose has eliminated all my post menupausal symptoms.I recommend catapres to all menupausal women.

Related Reading: hot flashes | sleep | catapres

Comment from: MyHeadHurts, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 10

I have severe high blood pressure and always used Catapres just for emergency use, disolving it under my tongue. I take 40 mg. Lisinopril and a diuretic daily. I am tired of having emergencies and was finally given the patch. I thought this would be the end of these daily episodes but my blood pressure is as high as ever. I have the patch 0.2 mg., I had to take two more 0.2 tablets throughout the day, plus a Lisinopril and a diuretic and my BP is now 240/110. I am at the end of my rope.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: efittery, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 03

On and off over the years I have taken this drug. I have taken it in its patch form and as a pill. My results were: When I first use the patch or take the pill it effectively drops my blood pressure. The side effects are so bad that I can't do my work. Falling asleep while trying to write computer code doesn't exactly make my boss happy. After I have been taking the medication a few weeks, it has less of an effect on my blood pressure. I remember one instance when at the doctors they took my blood pressure. They said 175/110 was too high, put me in a dark room and started feeding me 0.1 mg clonadine tablets. They did this on the hour for 4 hours. At the end of that time, they let me go and my BP was 165/115. I guess I just built up a resistance to it. By the way, there is a machine by the name of BioZ that can and is used to diagnose WHY you have high blood pressure. Just do a internet search for "BioZ hypertension" and you will find it. I like wikipedia myself.

Comment from: Keith, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 21

I take this to help lower my Blood Pressure, It made me very sleepy, and caused my muscles to be very tired. Took a lot of energy just to step up onto a curb. I now take it at night , so my days will be clear. Hasn't done a lot for my Blood Pressure. I would not buy another prescription.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 02

I have extremely high blood pressure and have also been diagnosed with nuerally mediated syncope due to atrial dissection caused by a motorcycle wreck I was in back in March of 2008. I just began this medication to control my high blood pressure and my syncope. I take this twice per day at exactly the smae time everyday which can be a bit of a hassle. My doctor intends to put me on the patch form of this medication once we are sure that this is actually working for me.

Comment from: Blaise, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 21

When I was young, I took this drug in order to treat tics caused by Tourette's Syndrome, and it worked exceptionally well. It also had the wonderful side effect of inducing nearly irresistible drowsiness. I would even say that it is significantly more effective for inducing sleep than any benzodiazepine or eszopicline derivatives currently on the market.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

Lots of trouble sleeping. Had to ask for sleeping meds. Quit taking catapres after one month.

Comment from: bbgirl, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 21

Have been on the drug for several yrs, ( .1 at 2 times a day). Within an hr. after taking I am either asleep or fighting to stay awake! Voice hoarse, constantly clearing throat, dry mouth, weakness, lethargic, nightmares. BP sometimes drops too low. Was in hospital for arrythmia, DR. stopped my Catapres suddenly and after two days my BP spiked dangerously high...had to go back on it immediately. Am sensitive to meds & this does control my BP but side affects are troublesome. Effectiveness appears to be wearing off the last few months for BP control. Muscle cramps and nightmares are increasing. I also take Norvasc and took Cordorone for about 6 years (have been taken off this one for arrythmia but is taking months to get it out of my system....been off 8 months). Cordorone affected my thyroid, teeth & gums, hair, muscle tone, stomach, reflux..... bad drug over time..wish I had known. I ask more questions now and am more persistent with DR. concerning my own observations concerning meds and side effects. I keep a brief diary and it has been SO helpful to recognize a pattern developing while taking meds and/or symptoms.

Related Reading: dry mouth | nightmares | Muscle cramps