Catapres User Reviews

Catapres - User Reviews

Catapres User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Catapres sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: zemia, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 10

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure some 20 yrd ago and started on Catapres. Since then I've changed PCP's and they have tried to change me from Catapres to the "new" drugs only to have my BP get out of control. The generic seems to work, though not as well as the original name brand. If anyone is having with feeling tired, I suggest talking with your dr about adjusting your dosage to maybe twice a day instead of once as Catapres lowers your BP quickly. Since I've taken it for such a long time, I monitor my BP and adjust the dosage when necessary.

Comment from: rongav, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 17

Been on for 2 weeks and has helped lower the bp but makes me very tired. Hopefully will adjust to it soon and not be as tired.

Comment from: diana460@verizon.net, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 01

I have high blood pressure and I take Catapres to control my blood pressure. I have adverse effects with other types of medicinal blood pressure medications. My doctor told me to get Taurine at the vitamin store. Is the combination of these two types of medications safe to take?

Comment from: Belak, 3-6 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 17

Clonidine HCL 0.1 mg. This drug was prebscribed for the sole purpose of helping my 4 year old son get to sleep and stay alseep through the night: 1st night 1/2 tab, no help: 2nd night whole tablet slept then seepwalked and voice rambling: 3rd night whole tablet no help: 4th night whole tablet slept but woke up crying an hour later and would no stop for over an hour and did not know his Mom for most of this time! Up until I came to this website I never heard of this drug or that it could be used for sleep deprivation and this site does not mention this drug for sleep deprivation either!!!

Comment from: weesy55, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 06

I feel even though it has helped my high blood pressure & hot flashes(alot)that I am having alot of side effects. I get very dizzy my whole body aches alot,headaches bone nerve and muscle pain.

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: ripinertia@hotmail.com, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 04

drowziness, and moral detachtment

Comment from: diamondgirl, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 11

started conidine for emergency HBP after reaction to steriod and discovered that a very low dose 1/2 of.1 mg. pill twice a day controlled my fluctuating BP (from underlying anxiety)and rapid pulse. after 5 mo. I am very tired of putting up with side effects, mainly tiredness and drowsiness(I take other meds that cause sleepiness). Being menopausal, I actually get MORE hot flashes and a stinging feeling around my head. I also think it makes my fibromyalgia worse or at least adds joint pain to it. and then there is the itching (which is a transient symptom of FMS but seems more often especially if I throw a new or different drug in the equation.) It just has many side effects. I intend to try to ween off it but all antihypertensives have their side effects and often don't work. just bang my head against a wall! I am hypersensitive to drugs and very discouraged as I sit here itching!

Related Reading: anxiety | fibromyalgia | itching

Comment from: epa, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 18

i was having breakthrough hypertension at work; my doctor added catapres .01 2x/day or as needed. it work well and quickly to drop my BP. side effects: i get terrible dry mouth from it for about 3 hours once it starts to work, and have noticed that my heartrate quickly speeds up with exercise, which is disturbing. despite the side effects, i still find it a great drug for breakthrough hypertension.

Comment from: blondee, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

I have taken this medicine to help coming off of narcotic pain medication, and it has made me extremely light headed and if I bend over, I feel like I will pass out.

Comment from: DanMc1647, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 01

I am prescribed Catapres for a high BP and for Tourette's. Although my blood pressure and tics associated with Tourette's are under control, I on occasion experience extreme fatigue and physical weakness.

Related Reading: fatigue