Catapres User Reviews

Catapres - User Reviews

Catapres User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Catapres sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sterling, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 04

I was prescribed to supplement other med for high blood pressure. I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I was put on oral Meds and began using meter to check my levels. Was already restricting carbs and exercising. Discovered my levels were consistently normal 2 hrs after lunch, dinner and at bedtime, but upon rising and 2 hours after breakfast were extremely high. I only took Clonidine at bed time. Googled and found several articles suggesting this adverse result. Did not find it in most posts. Eliminated dose one night and following morning blood sugar normal. As Clonidine was not controlling bp well I will seek other solutions. I'll continue testing blood sugar for a while but looks like I wasted $$$ on dietitians, Meds and testing supplies.

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: MJ, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 19

-Nearly eliminated libido. -Resting heart rate is 48-54. -B/P usually 136/82, was 180/100 before taking medication. -Only take one pill at night 0.2 mg. -Completely stopped smoking cold turkey, no withdrawal, no cheating, from 2 packs per day.

Related Reading: smoking

Comment from: sandy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 10

This has to be the worst drug I have ever taken for blood pressure.I feel like I am a zombie,severe burning headaches,insomnia,tiredness,and general overall not feeling well.I am being weaned off of it and will never agree to take it again..Horrible,life changing side effects...Think twice...

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: stevek623, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 21

Every time I took a pill (0.2 mg), about 30 minutes later I had to take a 2 hour nap. And it also caused EXTREME dryness of the mouth. It only brought my Diastolic (the bottom number) down to about 100. I see my MD again tomorrow and I hope he will prescrive another pill. I can't keep taking 2 hour naps while at work and the dry mouth was unbearable. Oh yeah, I forgot, people kept asking me if I was losing my voice cuz it makes you sound like you're hoarse.

Comment from: mimimost, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 04

my blood pressure was 230 over 150 at my last doc visit-have been on diovan 360 mg.plus a water pill-for some reason they stopped working so doc added 0.1 mg of catapres-within 4 hrs my pressure went down to 140 over 80-But after a week I feel so bad ,heat aches and can't stay out of bed very long -makes me feel depressed -Will these side effects go away?

Related Reading: diovan

Comment from: dcook, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 25

I have very high blood pressure and my dr. started me on this of 0.1mg 2x day. I could barley function so I cut the dosage in half. It has been 4 days and today I had to leave work because I could not even carry on a conversation with people. Very lethargic, I feel like I have no control of my body. after I left work I came home and took a nap and I have woke up feeling like i have the flu.This may be fine for people who lay around all day but I work in a corporate office and can not go to work like a zomby. I would never give this to children. I honestly have never felt so bad in my life. It does lower the blood pressure, but it is not worth it.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: May 05

Very sedative & mood altering,causes headaches,joint pain,dizziness,weakness,irritibility & loss of focus with memory as well. It does help suppress my sons tics due to Tourettes Syndrome but not completely.

Related Reading: dizziness