Ceftin User Reviews

Ceftin - User Reviews

Ceftin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ceftin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 01

I was on amoxil for a sinus infection when it came back I had nasty sore throats every night which were gone within 24 hours of beginning this medication. It does taste horrible but I found a suggestion on another site to coat the pill in honey which works great. I don't taste the bitterness at all. It is a little rough on my stomach if I take it with milk or yogurt it seems to stop me from having stomach pains.

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: rhinolady, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 03

My otolaryngologist originally prescribed ceftin for me before sinus surgery. The pharmacy gave me generic ceftin before sinus surgery (10 days twice a day). No noticeable effects. After the sinus surgery, the pharmacy gave me generic ceftin again (14 days twice a day). I developed colitis (ER diagnosis). Gastroenterologist then prescribed vancomyacin and a probiotic (postop)which stopped the severe diarrhea. People need to be aware and prepared for this type of side effect!!!

Related Reading: ceftin | colitis | diarrhea

Comment from: Cefuroxime, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 02

I am an allergy sufferer (dogs, mold, 3 types of weeds such as pigweed, dustmites, etc) and was prescribed this medication by my Allergist. Thus far it has helped and would recommend it for anyone who suffers from a bacterial allergy...

Related Reading: allergy | mold

Published: November 02

easy on the stomach, unlike some antibiotics

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

Was on Augmentin for 6 days and was getting progressively worse, my throat almost swollen shut, I starting feeling better after one day on this medication. Tastes horrible but well worth it!

Related Reading: Augmentin

Comment from: diane_mor@msn.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 21

The RX helped the sore throat, but it caused a fungus in my throat. It has made me unable to eat for several weeks. Food taste terrible. Also I have lost 6 pounds. I have had a slight fever and chills off and on.

Related Reading: sore throat | fever

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

This was prescribed after 2 other anibiotics wouldn't touch my infection. After 3 days it started working. No side effects. Good stuff.

Comment from: A Patient, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

I had a very bad cough and my doctor prescribed me Ceftin. This drug is amazing and i felt better within a day. I neve felt nauseous and i never got sick once or had a bad reaction. Unfortunately i did hate the taste and had problems taking it with water, but taking it with milk is my reccomendation as it makes you feel better fter you take it.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: tmemi, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 06

This medicaton in the form of a pill has the most horrible tasting coating on it that leaves a bitter taste long after and is very hard to swallow because of its size.

Comment from: Jan, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 09

My sons doctor prescribed this medication in the liquid form for a sinus infection. He only took one dose and complained about how bad it tasted. When it was time for the next dose he was begging me, almost crying for me to not make him take it again. I tasted just a bit on my tongue to see what the big deal was. It tasted SO HORRIBLE!! I felt bad for making him take it the first time. It was an hour before I got that taste out of my mouth. Also, this was one of the most expensive antibiotics I've ever had to purchase, even with insurance. I have no idea of the effectiveness because we didn't continue using it.

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.