Ceftin User Reviews

Ceftin - User Reviews

Ceftin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ceftin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 (Patient) Published: January 26

I was prescribed this as a treatment for acne and it works wonders. I love it for clearing up stubborn acne.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 14

I have had chronic infections - about 2 per year for last six years. By starting this antibiotic early enough I have been able to completely recover from infections. Unfortumately my first infection was not diagnosed for over 4 months. After many DR visits to 1 primary care and 2 allergy specialists, many tests and labs for allergies and finally a CT scan, I was placed on increasing strengths of different antibiotics. After 2 months of treatment could not reduce the "full involvement" of my sinuses, I was told "emergency" surgery was required to avoid a brain infection. Now I use Ceftin as soon as I am sure I have a sinus infection -and not just a brief allergy, cold or flu. The relief is begins after just one dose but takes the full two-three weeks to completely knock the infection out of my system.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: Nasty Taste, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 08

It is the nastiest drug I've ever put in my mouth. I had to wrap it in bread in order to take it. It did work though. Did develop a yeast infection.

Related Reading: yeast infection

Comment from: tomturpolene, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 26

Very ill with sinusitis. Was feeling well in a day. No side effects.

Comment from: sjh, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 27

After 3 days on this medication I developed severe diarrhea. Diarrhea worsened to the point I could not eat or drink anything. Finally after 8 days my doctor put me on Flagyl and diarrhea slowly stopped. Horrific experience.

Related Reading: Flagyl

Published: December 30

My Doctor gave me this drug for bacterial bronchitis, It is absolutely useless! If anything I actually got worse. Luckily I got put on Zithromax, and my bronchitis cleared up within 2 days. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DRUG!

Related Reading: Zithromax

Comment from: Mary, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 08

After 8 days of taking Ceftin. I developed severe Hives..So be careful when taking medication

Related Reading: Hives

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 26

I usually have no problems taking pills, but this was HORRIBLE to swallow. It kept getting stuck in my throat and leaving an awful taste in my mouth. It has worked to clear up my sinus infection, so I am happy about that, but will ask to never have this medicine again.

Comment from: usurp88557, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 08

This stuff tastes beyond horrible. My head has cleared up, but my stomach is very upset. My stomach issues are making me feel worse than my sinsues were. I have almost no interest in food. I also have horrible headaches, but it could be due to not eating for almost three days now.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

I was prescribe Ceftin for Pneumonia. Even in pill form it is HORRIBLE tasting. Not only that but it caused me to have a terrible stomach ache and I even threw up a few times after my last dosage. I'm NEVER going to take this again.

Related Reading: Pneumonia

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.