Celebrex User Reviews

Celebrex - User Reviews

Celebrex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Celebrex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ligle22222@sbcglobal.net, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 21

In Oct. 2008 at age 57 took Celebrex 2X daily for 2.5 months for pain from spondylolisthesis (L-5 slipped forward 40%) from motor veh. accident and general arthritic joint pain. It was a miracle drug! It allowed me to walk and stand, and exercise in a pool without pain. At 2.5 mos. allergic reaction-facial cheeks turned red, then dry, cheeks peeled and burned. Stopped for 1 mo. with pain returning. Tried Celebrex 2nd time-same allergic reaction. Stopped for another mo., tried 3rd time with same allergic reaction. Had no choice but to have triple fusion on my back to relieve pain enough to stand and walk. At 4 mos. after back surgery I took 2 Aleve daily for 6 mos. for arthritis and back stiffness with good pain relief. Then I switched to 2 naproxin (generic Aleve)daily and cheeks turned red, burned, peeled again. Now taking 1 naproxin daily and cheeks are not red but still dry. Exercising in 91 degree pool 3or4 times weekly works wonders on joint pain. I highly recommend Celebrex for those who could tolerate any side effects. Always take with food or stomach hurts.

Related Reading: spondylolisthesis

Comment from: lady, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 20

I had hip pain for 15 years.It got so bad I could hardly walk at all.Since taking Celebrex,I can walk better and do basics of everyday life.I have had 0 side effects.Thank God for the pain relief!!!

Comment from: lunabear, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 09

I havent noticed a difference in this drug over my other anti-inflammatory- but I have noticed that I am EXTREMELY tired.. Unfortunatly my insurance wont cover it, but they will cover a narcotic!! That doesnt make sense to me at all!! Has anyone had this tiredness problem as a side effect?

Comment from: HIPPIEGURL, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 03

My primary care doctor gave me Celebrex for arthritis after all lesser drugs stopped helping me and this works wonderfully. After starting with a rheumatologist who could not come up with an RH actor in my bloodwork, he diagnosed me with fibromy- algia only and took away my Celebrex and Plaquenil and would only give me muscle relaxers and pain pills(both of which gave me extreme constipation). Within a short time I was an invalid, needing help to even get off the toilet. He still refused to give me back my meds. After months of excruciating pain, I limped into his office without an appt., crying, and told him if he didn't give my meds back, he might as well put a gun in my hand so I could shoot myself, because that's what I thought my life was worth at that point. I couldn't even take care of myself, let alone my husband, house and two children. He wrote me scripts for both meds right then and within 24 hours I was walking again. At my next appt., he asked me if I needed the mg's upped. NOW he listens to me. I do have to say, though, that was his first experience as a private practice doctor and he might have had a little bit of a God complex, but he has mellowed a LOT since then.

Related Reading: Plaquenil | constipation

Comment from: sinead, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 18

I SUFFERED FOR 10 YEARS AND I COULDN'T WALK FOR 6 MONTHS OF THE YEAR AS THE FLUID ON MY KNEES WOULD SWELL UP SO BAD I COULDN'T BEND MY KNEE, I WAS ONLY 18 WHEN THIS FIRST HAPPENED. CELEBREX IS A MIRACLE DRUG. I SAW ALL KINDS OF SPECIALS IN BOSTON, AND IRELAND AND WALES NOBODY SUGGESTED CELEBREX. I ONLY HAVE TO TAKE IT IN THE SUMMER AND LAST SUMMER I CLIMBED UP A MOUNTAIN ON IT. WITHOUT IT I WOULD HAVE ENDED UP IN A WHEELCHAIR. I ONLY WISH SOME DOCTOR HAD RECOMMENDED IT 10 YEARS AGO. IF YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM ARTHRITIS PLEASE TRY THIS, IT REALLY IS A MIRACLE DRUG.

Comment from: ontrac1, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 04

I took at 200mg capsule of Celebrex at 3:30, at 6:30 I was in the emergency room. My palms started itching, then my feet & head. Within 15 minutes I was itching over most of my body and my skin turned bright red. Shortly after, my face blew up like a balloon. I could barely speak. My arms, hands, fingers and feet also swelled up. From the time I first started itching until the full on swelling took about 10 minutes. Upon arrival to the emergency room they immediately took me into a room and started an IV. 30 minutes later, the itching was gone, my skin color returned to normal and most of the swelling had subsided. I was there for 3 hours before 90% of the swelling went away. I left there with 2 epi pens and instructions not to take any more Celebrex.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: azman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

While this medication did a good job of relieving my knee pain, after taking it for 3 weeks. I couldn't sleep, suffered from exteme weakness,dizziness and tired to the point of not being able to work. I went to my doctor today and he felt this was due to taking the Celebrex. Good for pain but bad side affects.

Related Reading: knee pain | sleep | dizziness

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options