Celexa User Reviews

Celexa - User Reviews

Celexa User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Celexa sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: hairtechgal, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 21

I have been on Celexa for over a year and I love it. I have stress induced depression which is work related; I have since quit that particular job! My experience has been truly awesome, it stopped my compulsion to "comfort eating", and the weight came off like water. I haven't had any outbursts other than what has truly made me mad!! Everyday living is normal, my family noticed a change within 2 weeks. They tell me I'm a joy to be around now. It has improved my relationship with my family, we can now just sit a talk. No more yelling, crying, and stomping around. Wish I had this when I was in High School!! Life would have been a lot easier for all of us.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 15

I have only been taking this for two-three months. However, I tried Wellbutrin for two months before that, and it was horrible. My anxiety and depression are now under control with Celexa. I still have the ability to feel all of my natural emotions, but in times of upset, I can better control them, so as to not overreact. My husband and I fight less often, and I'm enjoying life more.

Comment from: brookzoe, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 05

i have only been on celexa for about 3 weeks the first week and a half i was tired,yawned all the time, i sweat bad, nasuse it was bad but now all that has gone away and i love it i don't yell at my kids and hubbie like i used to they like that also so stick it out for a few weeks and see if the side effects go away you'll proble like the results i did.

Comment from: snowkitty, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 09

I have been on this med for 4 mths now & am very happy w/the overall effect it has had on my mood. In the 1st 2 wks i experienced nausea (i take it at night before bedtime) and in the morning dizziness upon arising. Both were gone after about two weeks. I also experienced loss of appetite which was gone after a month. Never had any feeling of being in a "fog" but it has made me "not care", so to speak, about things that were bothering me before. I no longer have a crying "breakdown" once a month & my mood swings are gone. My family reports that i seem much happier and less stressed. They like the fact that i no longer yell & am not sad or angry alot. I just like the fact that for the 1st time in years i feel like "me" again. I'd recommend the drug & i'd recommend taking it at night if you are worried about side effects. I didn't experience any sleep issues but am on Ambien b/c of difficulty falling asleep & maintaining it anyway.

Related Reading: dizziness | Ambien

Comment from: Eva75, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 08

I started on 20mgs and felt better but not as good as i waned to feel, so my DR had me begin on 40mgs and i feel great! I take it before bed and i am able to sleep,i can function in life without freaking out and snapping on people for no reason. My sex drive decreased for about six weeks but it has returned to normal, and i had sweating episodes for about a month and that has stopped all together. I did not experience any weight gain,in fact i am losing weight because i actually care enough about myself now to better my life. I had very few side effects and none that were bad. I knew that i had a problem with depression before i was never diagnosed and didn't want to rely on a drug to make me feel better but i had no other choice and i am glad i did. This drug has been an awesome addition to my life and well being! My sister in law is taking celexa as well at the same dosage as i am and had the same side effects and hers has stopped as well and is back to her normal self too. Stick with it the side effects can be annoying but once you get through them you feel alive again! Even if the effects were still present in me i would continue to take this medication. It really works!

Comment from: heart604, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 07

My wife has been on Celexa since 2004 and it helped with her depression till about 2008. She was started on 20 mgs then 40,then 50, then 60 and he wanted to take her to 80! About 1 1/2 years ago I notice a change in her behavior. My wife of 47 years was getting more distant and showed little or no affection. Our relations are 0 now and we had always had a very affectionate and warm relationship, and that was gone. The day it came to a head I put my arms around her in the kitchen one morning to give her a hug and she stood there like she was a robot with no feeling. It hit me so hard for the rest of that day I though I would die of a broken heart. This is when I started to to use Web MD to look into the meds that she was taking and found our what was going on because of the Celexa. I talked to her Psychiatrist and he told me in so may words it wasn't any of my business and my wife was his patient. "What the heck about our marriage"? I trusted these doctors and I feel they have made a bigger mess of my wife then when she started her treatment for depression. I am glad after we had talked the doctor has changed her to Lexapro with Wellbutrin and the fog seems to be lifting, but she has a long way to go to get back to her normal self. I feel that before our spouses are put on these medications the family members need to be brought in, and helped to understand what they need to do to be the support structure for the depressed member. If the member getting the help loses the love and support of the spouse it will make things much worse for the for the marriage an relationship. I would like to see the family member have several sections together and maybe work through the depression if possible before the SSRI medications are prescribed, I feel that the patient becomes addicted to these medications. I love my wife very much after all of these years and I wish I would have been included with the therapy that she was being prescribed and not pushed on the side.