Celexa User Reviews

Celexa - User Reviews

Celexa User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Celexa sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: forrest, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 09

I was on wellbutrin for 3 years. It worked pretty well but gave me moments of feeling raged or angry. I am a mom of three so I didnt need that. I got off it and did well for a month. Then it slowly came crashing down to where I couldnteven get out of bed. My dr put me on celexa 20 mg. I took half a pill for a week and then the whole pill. I took it at night becuse the first day it made me too sleepy to take in the am. I feel like my body is alive again. It doesnt make me feel like a zombie and I love to laugh again. I am so thankful that this med gave me emergy and my zest for life back. I dont think I will ever get off it! It has been 1 month but I felt a huge difference in a couple days.

Comment from: mookie, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 02

I tried many different medications which sent me bouncing into various moods. After 4 days on Celexa my life immediately changed into one of calm and peace.

Comment from: aprilslove, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 01

I almost think of this as my magic-pill! I feel like a different person since I started taking this drug. I don't have panic attacks when I leave the house anymore, and my counting (OCD - I'm a numbers girl & used to count everything!) stopped within weeks of starting on this drug. I've found that it's best to take it around noon, if you take it before bed you may not be able to sleep, and taken too early in the morning you may be sleepy all day. Noon works great for me! I sleep well at night, have energy in the morning and just don't feel run-down all day anymore. I have had some side effects, but I kinda love those too. I got Loss of Appetite and Dry Mouth, luckily enough. I have some serious weight to lose (about 90 pounds,) and now I have less of an appetite and drink about three times as much water as I used to. I lost 12 pounds the first month on this drug! So no complaints here.

Related Reading: panic attacks

Comment from: ashwambro, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 21

been on celexa for about a year now (after trial & error of some other drugs), I didn't even realize my problem was anxiety until being on celexa, it definitley helps!! I take it at night, it helps me sleep (before it would be close to an hour before my mind would shut up for me to fall asleep). I use to snap at my husband and family, not meaning too, but the celexa rid me of that. Only side effect is that is slows me down, which sucks since I'm already always tired. Got off of it once on my own and it caused headaches, realized how much it was helping me so I got back on. It works for me!! p.s. my mom takes it too and she did a total 360 for the good!!

Comment from: Ms. Sassy, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 20

my Dr. had been trying to get me on something for years. Of course I was scared. I finally decided to try somethin because I was tired of crying all the time and getting upset about every stupid little thing. Boy do I wish that I would have gotten on this 30 yrs. ago! My whole outlook on everything has changed. I handle situations differently, I react totally different, and the happy person that I have always been inside is now really shining outward. My hyperness has gone away and I feel genuinly happy. I am so grateful for this medicine.

Comment from: nbillshale, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 20

My counselor suggested I ask my doctor about taking Celexa while I was going through a very traumatic divorce in 2001. I have been taking Celexa or the generic ever since. I wish I had known about it when I was younger. It has improved the quality of my life 200%--no anxiety, no outrageous fears, and a strong faith in God and belief that everything will "be ok" no matter what happens. Although I have gained some weight, that is a small price for the peace I have found in my life.

Comment from: crazy34450, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 08

I started taking Celexa 2 years ago, after I was diognosed with an anger disorder, depression, and anxiety. I was prescribed various medications all without any luck. My Doctor started me on the 20mg Celexa and it did o.k. but was still not taking care of the problem completely, Now I am on the 40mg and everything is great. Almost a week after I started taking it people started noticing that I was changing little by little, about 4 weeks after I was on it I knew there was a major difference in my life. I felt "normal" Nothing really bothered me, and when it did, I was able to handle it calmly and cooly without any major incidents. This drug has been a life changer for me. I am truely glad that My doctor prescribed it.

Comment from: beth, 35-44 (Patient) Published: July 16

This medication has been the only drug that has ever even touched me for the better. I used to think Paxil worked because I didnt know how much better it could be with celexa but almost immediately I felt like a new and improved girl. I never had a major depressive episode just an underlying dysthymia(low level depression)since high school. I always thought that I was just unhappy and that was that. About 6 years ago I started taking celexa after lexapro made me have zero improvement. The rest is history. The most wonderful drug in the world. Did gain about 10 pounds but that was the beginning and I would rather be 10 pounds heavier and happier then 10 pounds thinner and miserable. Now Im the thinnest I've ever been. I came to the conclusion that when you start taking the celexa you relax and arent as crazy about being a half a pound more. I always thought the other drugs I took(paxil, prozac, zoloft, wellbutrin, lexapro, buspar were working because I used to talk myself into the fact that I felt better when I felt no change. Celexa changed my life and showed me that its ok to try different drug and treatment modalities until something works because this is your life. You are worth it. Being happy is something we all(or at least I)was willing to give-up because I thought something was wrong with me because I never had much of an effect from anything. Take care people and take the time to find something that will help you!

Related Reading: dysthymia | buspar