CellCept User Reviews

CellCept - User Reviews

CellCept User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication CellCept sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Kate, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 29

I'v been taking CellCept for Hypersensitivity pneumonitis, a lung disease. I take 2000mg a day. For me it has been a life saver, I went from hardly being able to breath which made me unable to walk very well to breathing normally and able to lead a much better life. It hasn't cured me but I feel a lot better. I do have side effects mainly feeling sick, stomach cramps, diarrhoea and loss of appetite. I also feel tired but it is worth taking the drug for being able to breath and I feel there is a future now which I didn't before.

Related Reading: Hypersensitivity pneumonitis

Comment from: kraftykitchen, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 19

I was prescribed this medication along with Prednisone to treat an autoimune disease that began as a resh that eventually covered my body and developed into blistering on my torso, arms and especially my feet. A 17 day hospital stay and diagnosis from Mayo Clinic has put me on the road to recovery. I am very tired and fighting an infection/cold/cough that has lasted 3 weeks. I find that I need additional rest and being diabetic must make sure that all meds and meals are on time and on a regular schedule. Keeping my blood sugars in normal range has taken extra care. The swelling has been confined to my legs and ankles. Taking a water pill make additional potassium necessary and being anemic I have increased my diet to include more iron rich foods. Because this particular autoimune disease is rare, there is little information out there. Even the dermotologist/internist/wound clinic staff has had to do additional research. I may look into an on-line support group. Other info on Cellcept for this condition suggests that treatment can take 6-8 years and that it may go into remission. What a journey!

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 18

Don't underestimate how immunocompromised this medication leaves you. Although the Cellcept was by far more effective than any other medication we tried I'm not sure it was worth it. I took 1500 mg/day and after about six months I came down with a very severe case of shingles on my head, face and eye that landed me in the hospital and affected my vision. We discontinued the Cellcept when that happened. The positives I can say for the medication are that it di help the lupus symptoms and after about a two week adjustment period of stomach pain and intermittant nausea I adjusted to it well and wasn't bothered by any more side effects.

Related Reading: shingles

Published: March 07

I have been taking CellCept for minimal change disease/nephrotic syndrome. I have experienced minimal side effects and have seen great improvement over the last year.

Comment from: gardencitykansas, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 09

I have SLE. Was diagnosed in August 2005. Went to the doctor to get a cream for the skin rash on my face. When they told me that I had SLE, I cried. My daughter had just turned 9 months and the fact of dying soon scared me. My stage of lupus is currently at 2 and have taken CellCept since November 2006. The worst side effect of this medication for me is the hair loss. I wear bandanas and hats to cover this side effect since I am only 33 years old. Wigs do not help me due to the fact that they itch alot. The fatigue wears on me alot too. My doctor is weaning me off of prednisone also. Kind of scared to because the hair I have left is from using the steroids. My doctor has told me that I will probably start to lose my hair again. Another side effect is loss of sexual desire. My husband feels neglected by me due to the fact of not having a sex drive like we used to when we were first married. Just being tired all the time, going to school full time, and taking care of the family adds on to all the fatigue from this medication. And not feeling "sexy" anymore due to the hair loss has really put a damper on my poor husband. He does everything in his power to make me feel wanted and loved . He has been my backbone since going thru this whole ordeal...

Related Reading: rash | hair loss | fatigue

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 07

Have a very rare disease WEGENER'S GRANULOMATOSIS (vasculitis).No known cure.I have had this for one year. I was treated with CYTOXAN and 60mg PREDNISONE for four months then put on CELLCEPT 500MG twice a day. Now taking 10MG prednisone.No side effects at this time. Lab work getting better and I have more energy.My Drs say this drug is very effective for many diseases. It sure been a life saver for me.