CellCept User Reviews

CellCept - User Reviews

CellCept User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication CellCept sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ljames0195, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 03

I began Cellcept 8/1/08 for MG - Current dosage 1500 mg. Was taking 2000 mg a day, but it made me so tired and weak that I couldn't function. I'm also on 60mg of predisone. Side effects for me are tired, weak, constipation, and hair loss. I've just developed a rash on my neck and wonder if it could be another side effect. Would love to email with others who have MG to share experiences and info. ljames0195@cox.net

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: Sharon L, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 26

I've been diagnosed with Devic's Disease and have been taking CellCept for 2 years.Before taking Cellcept I would have a relapse every year but since have not had a single one nor have there been any side effects. I'm currently prescibed 2000mg/day

Comment from: balletmom, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 22

I have Chronic Hep C and rheumatoid arthritis. Cellcept is the one drug both my doctors agree on. It seems to help the rheumatoid.

Related Reading: rheumatoid arthritis

Comment from: hbsiegle, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 28

CellCept has given me my life back. My SLE (Lupus) had stop responding to methotrexate after 7 seven years. Although, I have been on this drug for 3 months, my white blood count is going up and C3 and C4 are starting to go up as well. I do get headaches but nothing compare to what I had been going through before. A word of caution....When making changes from chemotherapy...stay away from individuals who are sick.. I ended up with a prolapsed lung, and bad infection due to being on two chemotherapy and steroids...I only hope the drug continues to work for me. I currently take 1000 mg bid.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 14

I have been taking Cellcept for 2 years; for Scleroderma with ILD (lung disease). Currently taking 1500 mg BID. Also taking prednisone; now down to 15mg from 60 mg. My Drs are weaning me off the prednisone due to side effects from being on it for 3 yrs. After reading comments from others, I'm thinking I have more side effects related to Cellcept than I previously thought. I have a lot of pain in my feet, hair loss, insomnia, diarrhea and slow wound healing. I'm extremely careful about being around anyone who is sick and I wash my hands a lot to prevent getting viruses, etc.

Related Reading: Scleroderma | insomnia

Comment from: hopefull2, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 09

i've been taking cellcept for four years for lupus for my lungs.So far it's working well.

Comment from: smashsmom, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 13

I have had Lupus for more than 20 yrs. I was taken off Plaquenil which was very effective in controlling the lupus because of severe eye side effects. Began treatment with Cellcept in Feb 2010 and it seemed to be very effective in treating my symptoms. I was taking 1000mg per day with no side effects. In fact I hadn't felt that well in many, many years and was pleased with the drug. But by Dec. 2010 I suddenly became very sick with 105* fever and severe back pain. Both with no known cause. After a few days in the hospital I was diagnosed with sepsis. I had no obvious infection to lead to sepsis. In fact the morning of when I was taken to the hospital until an hour before I fell sick I felt great. I had a staph infection and staph is all over everyone's skin. It must have found a small cut to enter and my suppressed immune system lead to the sepsis. It was a very scary situation. I was hospitalized for 9 days and went home with a port for continuing the antibiotics for 4 weeks X 4 times a day. I visit my Rheumatologist in April to decide what treatment I will try next. I havbe a feeling it may still by Cellcept. But I am terrified now of what may happen. I read that cellcept caused sepsis in 2 % of users. I was extremely healthy except for the lupus before this incident - other than lupus no other health problems. Was very active, walked 3 miles everyday plus lots of other activities and responsibilities. It has been 7 weeeks and I am still having problems from the sepsis.

Related Reading: Plaquenil | fever | sepsis

Comment from: alingle, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 26

I take 2000mg cellcept daily. I have systemic scleroderma I have lung fibrosis, GI problems,reynolds, and have recently developed bladder problems. I have been taking cellcept for nearly 3 years. So far my lung function has stabelized which is great but i suffer from alot of infections, severe joint and muscle pain and fatigue. I dont know if this is from my disease or side effects fom cellcept my doctor gives me no answers. Anyone out there got any idea's.

Related Reading: muscle pain