Cervidil User Reviews

Cervidil - User Reviews

Cervidil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cervidil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bacviolin, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 05

I was given this drug to induce labor and told that it would not make my labor any worse. After only 2 hours on the drug, I was double peaking, had no breaks between contractions, and was vomiting so much they had to give me an IV. It definately got my labor going, but I thought the drug was way too strong for my body.

Comment from: etiscareno, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 18

I think this is better for a 2+ pregnancy mom, when the kid just wont get out. I had this with my second and will be repeating it with my third. If they dont remove the cervidil after contractions start they will be very very strong. I had to tell them to take out mine. I had her in four hours, very strong contractions and a little bit of nausea. If you have had a full natural labor before this will be a breaze, and a breath of fresh air. because I was told that if your ripe it will actually move labor along alot faster. and your less at risk for a c-section and complications than with a pitocin drip.

Related Reading: pregnancy | cervidil | pitocin

Comment from: amack71, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 17

I was given this to "ripen" my cervix for my first time pregnancy. I was hyper responsive to it and I too could not urinate. At the time I was also given Ambien to help me sleep, but the combination just made me hyper and groggy. I am very sensitive to all medications. The Cervidil was removed 5 hours later and my cervix never did get to the stage need to begin labor. The ease of the medication was great, it was just that I was not ready.

Related Reading: Ambien | sleep

Comment from: Lori, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 09

It caused me to go into labor. My contractions peaked and would not come down. I thought I was dying. My placenta split in half from the intense contractions. I would not wish for anyone to go through this type of labor.

Parenting and Pregnancy

Get tips for baby and you.

From WebMD