Cesamet User Reviews

Cesamet - User Reviews

Cesamet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cesamet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mary, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 08

I had to stop using this drug for, pain relief, as it was interferring with memory and over all inability to concentrate. This medication was Rx for relief of pain related to Dx's of arthritis and fibromyalgia. I had stopped this drug on my own and had problems with headache and nausea. Not a good idea to stop "cold turkey"

Related Reading: arthritis | fibromyalgia | headache

Comment from: sleeplessinvictoria, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 13

I was on cesamet for 6 months wile i waited for my licience to legally be allowed to smoke medical marijiwana.I was put on cesamet for fibromyalgia pain and AS pain.I found that it was best to take on an empty stomach if i took it with food then it took to long to kick in.I never had any side effects to this medication or with drawls when i quit taking it.

Related Reading: cesamet

Comment from: maderd, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 01

I was prescribed cesamet .05 mg,I fibromylgia, arthtris, RLS, RA, IBS,etc...... Anyway I was prescribed this by my Pain Clinic Doctor. Plus she has also precribed Eslon (morphine). I emjoyed this med. I was able to feel calm for 2 to 4 hours, really relaxed. But now she has doubled the script and I had to stop the 1.mg I just was falling sleep any time, everywhere, it was just too hard to be functionable. I still felt good, but the sleeping part; not good, and driving was making me nervious. The dose of .5 mg, twice a day is just ok, I think that during day I would stick to .5 and the second dose could be the higher dose of 1 mg. Anyway being able to relax has been a big issue. I have been able to relax better, almost perfect for me. The pain is not right there, in my face, always in the back of my mind. It has for some days, been not in my face. Anything for some peace, relaxation, less PAIN, I actually laughed in those days. So for me it's a YES I like this drug. It's just a matter of finding the right dose, or she might just suggest something else to try. arghhhhh between the test & trial of all kinds of meds for Fibro, RLS, not sleeping, and all the other issues affecting my life, right now. And I hate taking pills, ha, now I can swallow these by the handfuls. arghhhhhhh. I really want body back.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 06

I use Cesamet oral for the treatment of chronic pain, severe spinal disorders both skeletal muscular pain and nerve pain. It has helped with the nerve spasms a lot but is not too helpful for the osteo arthritis. The dosage which works best for me is a low dosage tablet taken three times through out the day. Oddly the only side effect I noticed was nausea.

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: Cynder_Raven, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 04

I've been on Cesamet for over 3 years for chronic pain in my lower back due to spina bifida occulta. I started at 0.5mg, but just kept building a tolerance to it, so I ended up at 3mg, but I am now slowly coming off of it, 0.5mg at a time. It worked very well, but I just don't want to keep increasing my dosage. The addictive properties scare me too much. So far so good for withdrawal symptoms.

Comment from: pam, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 01

starting dose for pain, and hoping to find it more effective after increasing dosage. Taken at night, helps to relax and sleep. Dry mouth side affect is pretty bothersome.

Related Reading: Dry mouth

Comment from: jwebbie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 18

I was prescibed this medication for Chronic Back Pain due to the fact my spinal cord is somehow pinched in the vertebrae after being rear ended 3 times.I take 2mg of Cesamet + 8 other pills and the Duralgesic patch.I am Ok if I stay standing BUT J.C. Sitting I go numb from my belt down including my best friend.Working outside Somedays I have to stop at 1:00 and sleep the rest of the day but then again when you sleep 2-4 hrs a night it catches up + when they have diagnosed you with sleep apnea to boot you can't win even with sleeping pills. But really I can say that I don't have any side effects from this drug.//JRW

Related Reading: sleep apnea