Cesamet User Reviews

Cesamet - User Reviews

Cesamet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Cesamet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: smallrage, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 09

I have been on .5mg and 1.0mg and it seems the more I took the more tired I because to a point where I was a zombie. After being on Methodone for 5 years the Montreal General hospital pain clinic abruptly because I wasn't getting any better so I because a bad statistic for the hospital because I wasn't getting better with any treatments they did for me. So if they don't have favorable results they lose funding, the exact same thing happen to a person I met at the clinic who was suffering from Crohn's disease who they said was faking as did they with me because we were un-treatable. That said my family doctor did have a license to prescribe methodone which is why he didn't want me on this drug as he knew they would not let me continue for a long period of time on it and he would of been able to refill my prescription. After being forced to go cold turkey from 120mg to 0 my Dr put me on cesamet this has to be one of the worse drugs on the market I have take many to before getting to methodone but this has to be that worse next to ms contin. So if your Dr wants you on this stuff heed the warning don't go on it unless you like being a zombie your life because thats the felling you will have. As of now I am still on it my will even to come online isn't even there anymore as I don't have the energy to move. Where as 3 weeks ago I was out and about. Take methodone if you have tried everything but take it from me who has had just about every pain med possible

Related Reading: Crohn's disease

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

This medication makes me sicker then I am. My Dr gave it too me for chornic pain from Spina bifida and fibromyalgia and I have been on it now for 3 days and I hate it.. my life feel worse then it was before i got on this drug.. trust me for people who are sensative to drugs don't try this at all.. thank the good lord I am only on a two week trial of 1 in the morning and 1 at night. I need to get off these.. I have done nothing but for the last two hours try unsuccessfully not to throw up.. it is not working. Don't don't don't take this drug if you are thin, and easily effected by drugs.. I am on my wits end in pain here and that is pre this drug and during taking this.

Comment from: DJ, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

I was prescribe this medication because of my back pain...my body felt like I was on fire all the time... it take's the burning out, but I still have my back pain, but NOT has worse as before..

Comment from: speace, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 25

I have severe pain starting at right wrist all the way to the shoulder and back. I take 2 capulse a day (1 mg). I have found that this is the only medication that works for me, I have tried all the way to 80 mg of oxycontin 4 times a day with little or no relief. This drug works for pain like nothing I have ever takmen. I have had 3 operation on my right wrist (which I am right handed) I have sever scar tissue that press on the carpul tunnel. I have been notified since worker comp is not paying for this and I have been on it for 3 months. Some side effect but they are worth it. My lawyer is trying to get this taken care of, because I can not go back to feeling the way I did. SP

Related Reading: oxycontin

Comment from: Paulinka, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 17

Just started the medicine for leg pain - 1.0 mg - allowed up to 3 but have only used 2 per day so far. feel a bit dozy butrelaxed. Pain is there but my brain doesn't seem to register it.So, only 3 days on it - will see what it is like after a week.

Comment from: 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I suffer from nausea, anxiety, and depression and i started taking these this afternoon they work great not as well as real cannabis but my dr said in 5 months(when i turn 18) i can get a card that lets me smoke cannabis. but in the mean time these work really well, cures my depression and nausea and takes away my anxiety.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression

Comment from: rolljoy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 12

I have been on Cesamet 1mg for 15 months , twice daily for treatment for my Neuropathic Pain in my Spine and legs. What is the long term affects of this drug ? ( I PUT IN THE WRONG ANSWER FOR TAKING THIS DRUG ABOVE )

Related Reading: Neuropathic Pain

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 17

I began using this drug because I was experiencing parasomnia episodes (abnormal physical movements in the sleep)and found it extremely difficult to sleep. Cesamet has been my miracle drug. Later finding out these episodes were actually seizures, I find it to be an exciting new options for patients like me with nocturnal (in the sleep) Epilepsy seizures. As an epilepsy patient and user of Cesamet for a total of 2 years I feel confident in using this 'miracle drug' Cesamet as opposed to Marijuana because the safety record and controlled quantitay/quality; its much higher than the many different types/kinds and dosage of Marijuana dosage which can often be unknown when inhaling it therefore leading me to beleive because you're ingesting/digesting there are many more positive and immediate effects. If you're just looking for a THC high forget it, there are no similarities in the 'high' feeling of Marijuana in Cesemat because you're ingesting/digesting the Cesamet (thc) instead of inhaling/exhaling; two totally different feelings. While ingesting Cesemat metabolises immediately, it also is reliably constant and can make you feel extremley drowsy throughout the whole 24 hour day whereas smoking Marijuana is immediate yet disappears within hours. The only noticable side effects for me is the the heart palpitation/shortness of breathing during heat change. No munchies or dazed feeling. Cesemat may prompt you to eat at odd hours, but theres no harm by taking Cesemat at the right dosage taken daily at the same time. Hopefully someday Cesemat could be taken as a replacement to many [AEDs} (anti-epileptic drugs because it has allowed me to get a good night sleep and actually feel rested. Very easy to use and has changed my nights sleep for the better.

Related Reading: Marijuana | smoking

Comment from: Shirl, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 13

I didn't experience anything,it did nothing for me.

Cancer