Chantix User Reviews

Chantix - User Reviews

Chantix User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Chantix sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: DECKS, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 15

This is day 9 of being smoke free. This stuff is amazing! I did a lot of research on this drug and was terrified by all the side effects. I take it with food as everyone advised and I am fine. The dreams are ususally really amusing and can be remembered vividly upon waking. One thing I did as I am 125 pounds and can be sensitive to drugs is that I would break the starter pills in half and take part in the morning and the other in the evening. I did that for about at week. I am now taking the 1mg tablets but only in the morning and not at night. I feel that I am doing good right now, why risk it by taking the evening dose and getting side effects. Also, my meds will last me twice as long. I still have mild cravings but usually just when drinking alcohol which I am baby stepping back into. I can even go on my deck where I used to smoke and take the puppy out! I don't even think about it! I am feeling better everyday! I really enjoyed smoking and didn't want to quit but knew I needed to. So, this works even if you aren't into 100%. Come one, give it a try. Good luck to everyone!

Related Reading: smoking

Comment from: tobee44, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 21

while this drug helps you quit smoking, which is so very vital to your health, the withdrawal of the drug feels as though you may die from it. bone aches, swollen joints, so tired that you cannot fuction on a daily basis. it also changes your taste buds. fresh clean water tastes like soured grapefruit juice. coffee taste burnt. both my husband and i had different but just as dramtic side effects which we are still going through. he stopped the drug on july 3 2007 and is still having problems. i stopped less that two weeks ago and have been so ill i cannot funtion. interesting fact....this drug works at it's own pace. with my husband it kicked in within two weeks and with me...2 months. but you have to hang in there. the most success is when you continue the drug for 3 months after you have stopped the smoking...which is what i did. i called the drug company to tell them all the side effects... they tell me this will all pass. well.... i hope so. now......the best and greatest of news.... provided i live through the withdrawal of this drug..........IT WORKS. i smoked 3 packs for 41 one years....NOTHING WORKED FOR ME. this did.

Comment from: wishy/washy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 13

I took chantix for three months.Quit smoking after the first week, and havn't smoked since.THANK YOU GOD!! My problem is that I had horrible nightmares and about two weeks after I quit the drug,out of nowhere I had a TOTAL mental breakdown. Got emitted to the emergency room now I have to see a therapist,and a physciatrist for extreme depression,anxiety,and insomnia,because the nightmares are still occuring. Part of me feels blessed to quit smoking after 2 packs a day for 15 years,but at this cost I don't know if it was worth taking the medicine. It's been 12 days since the breakdown and all the Doctors believe its because of the chantix messing up the chemicals in my brain. Has this happened to anyone else? Will I return to my normal self? I am now on Prozac for depression,Xanex for anxiety,and Rozerem for insomnia for they say at least 3 months til I get under control. I am not the person I once was...Hope this helps someone.....

Related Reading: chantix | nightmares | depression

Comment from: monk7, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 01

I beg anyone considering this drug to look up a discussion board tying chantix with depression or anxiety--dozens of people who have had their mental health seriously compromised (perhaps permanently) due to chantix--i really don't know if i will ever recover from the severe panic attacks and suicidal depression

Related Reading: anxiety | mental health | panic attacks

Comment from: Linda, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 17

I found out I have emphasema during a pre-op exam this summer which required I see a pulmonary specialist (no cancer, thank God!). She recommended Chantix. My husband and I both smoked over 40 years (him 3 pks a day, me 1). After only 1 month of treatment, we are both cigarette free and have been for 4 months. There are occasional cravings, but easy to overcome. I have had no side effects. Considering the stress of having a spinal fusion, having to buy a new house, and finding out my 11 year old Doberman named Sugar has diabetes all during the same time frame, I consider this remarkable. I am 60 years old and cigarette free for the first time since I was 15. I don't know what I would have done without this drug. My husband and I tried everything from cold turkey to hypnosis, and nothing else worked. Thank you.

Related Reading: cancer | stress | diabetes

Smoking Cessation

Get tips, treatments, & motivation.