Chantix User Reviews

Chantix - User Reviews

Chantix User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Chantix sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: zjm123, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 09

Made quitting smoking almost easy. If taken with food, it didn't bother my stomach at all. No other noticable side effects. My insurance didn't cover the cost, but it was worth every penny. Still smoke free.

Comment from: Amanda, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 09

The first week i experienced nausea and headaches. Now I find that I have trouble falling asleep, and once I do it's hard for me to get up in the morning. Overall, I'm satisfied with the results.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 24

My mom took chantix and expressed to me that it was working well. My mom passed away 3 weeks after taking chantix. My mom had no immedite health problems. I ask people to take caution and wait for further review of the drug.

Comment from: CPAVLICH , 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 23

Yes - Chantix does what it claims to do! I am pleased to say I have conquered the evil cigarette! But,after reading all the other reviews, there are a few observations from my own experience that may be significant. First, I think hormonal balance (or imbalance) is related to an individual's reaction to this drug. (Personally, I wasn't sure if the emotional rollercoaster I found myself on was due to Chantix, the loss of my coping crutch, or menopause! All three combined made depression inevitable and hard to control.) Second, as with any drug, it's NOT for everyone - but it's USE SHOULD BE MONITORED by every physician who prescribes it. Take great care - this drug works IN THE BRAIN! but it has the potential to affect much of your life; work, relationships, physical and mental health - just to name a few. Again, reaction to Chantix use seems to vary widely.

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: precious722, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 31

Me and my husband both have been smokers for over 30 years and smoked 1 to 2 packs a day. We decided to do this together and it works. After just a few days we were down to just half a pack a day. Now we have quit totally and so glad. Yes there are side effects like feeling like we have the stomach flu and some moodiness but that we can deal with. I would rather have some side effects than keep smoking. This is the ONLY THING THAT WORKS!!!!!!!! I recommend it highly to anyone and everyone. My grandson told us now you get to see me grow up. It brought tears to our eyes. Our doctor gave us medication for the nausea which helps but there is no way I would give up on this medication. I am also bipolar and have anxiety and major depression and doing fine even with all my other medications. I hope others will give it a chance. Just work with your doctor. Adjustments can be made to your meds. Its better to quit smoking than to stop this medication if at all possible. Good Luck to you all.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

I have been smoke free since day 7 of taking Chantix. I am so proud of myself that I was able to give up this "Dirty little habit" with ease thanks to Chantix. I never thought I would be able to continue with most of my normal activities, including those with friends that still smoke, and not crave one last cigarette. For those of you still not able to quit, belive me this drug will NOT eliminate the urge to smoke during the 1st 48 hours. You must surround yourself with people who support you and your decision to quit. Once you have fought the urge for the first two days, quitting is easy. I am certain that I will never smoke again. The minor side effects are well worth it. Hang in there, you'll make it!

Comment from: gail, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 21

my husband was on this med last year he started in august 06 and was still on this med when he had a very severe stroke he was 38 and there is no reasons for his stroke other than smoking and was told that he did not really smoke enough to have caused a stroke. he is left with being able to say three words and can walk short distances i really think it has something to do with this med. please know that you can quit with out this if you will rely on GOD. My husband may have not had this stroke if not for this med. has any one else had a stroke on this med.

Related Reading: stroke

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 22

I haven't smoked in 52 days, but there is no way I can continue this medication. Besides the stomach issues, I have wild mood swings and am lashing out at people for minor things. I am also exhausted all the time. I read a recent newspaper article that indicated that Chantix could cause or intensify depression and/or anxiety; so, I can only hope that in a few days my energy level rebounds and I am not so crabby. Drinking alcohol and taking Chantix does not mix well. My alcohol tolerance has been exteremely low while on Chantix. But, after all is said and done, I was able to quit my 16 year habit using this medication alone. I also feel that the folks that have continued to smoke really don't want to quit that bad. You must WANT it and WANT it BADLY...it is hell to give up a habit that is so ingrained in your personality. Sure there are times that I want to smoke...but I WANT to be a non-smoker. That's why the pills worked for me and not for my husband. I would recommend them to others as long as the person was aware of the side-effects.

Smoking Cessation

Get tips, treatments, & motivation.